thread/pitch on the shift knob

SRT-11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested in making my own shift knob, what's the thread/pitch of the factory one?

Thanks guys!!!

wait, is the shift knob permanently attached to a threaded rod, which then screws into the shift lever, or did I just beef something up?

SRT-11 said:
wait, is the shift knob permanently attached to a threaded rod, which then screws into the shift lever, or did I just beef something up?
Uhhhh, no. The shift knob is hollow (like a big nut). Threads inside. There is a lock nut that goes on the shift lever first and then you screw the knob on as far as it will go and then tighten the lock nut back up against the bottom of the knob. Did you make a boo boo??

SRT-11 said:
I believe I did. Damn.
If so, not the end of the world. someone here will have a replacement shifter arm if you end up needing one.

well I have a gen something x-metal shifter, it doesn't appear i've broken anything, just that I unscrewed something that should have been unscrewed.

SRT-11 said:
well I have a gen something x-metal shifter, it doesn't appear i've broken anything, just that I unscrewed something that should have been unscrewed.
Well that's good news. I've had the stock, B&M and now the GenX. None of these needed adapters for the stock shifter ball to fit them so thats what I was going on. Apparently you have an adapter that you just unscrewed from the shifter arm. The thread on the shifter arm is probably different from the ball, so you needed an adapter.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back