throttle body whistle?

Hollaboost

Reaction score
So I put my new throttle body on today which performs well. Just wandering if any body else got a whistle when they give it some throttle, almost sounds like a bird under the hood.

Why would a whistle be normal

Its a JTSVP throttle body, works great, just added a whistle in a small gap while accelerating, I almost have to try to do it by giving it more gas in a higher gear.

Yeah I have the jmb intake, when u put that on I could really hear it suck air doing the same thing, but now with the throttle body it kinda turned it into a whistle.

Still don't think there should be a whistle, did you get all the evap lines connected?

The aftermarket TB's and CAI utilize all the OEM connection as far as I remember

To me, a whistle would mean something is not quite right

Yup, everything hooked back up right, ill check it tomorrow and try to see if the noise is coming out of the filter or if I do have some kinda leak, but it runs fine and idles normal.if some thing was actually wrong Id think it would idle funky, but it runs great just whistles at a certain point.

You should be good to go, "Tundra-Toyota Quality" is all the guarantee you need.

I really don't think anything is wrong with the equipment as lots of folks have what you have, I just haven't seen people post about the whistle, your call, it just seems odd to me

Good-Day!
fknVj

Its just the way the air rolls off the sharp edge of the butterfly with the perfect airspeed and blade angle. Works like a flute. You can take some 400 grit sandpaper and gently take the sharp edge off the machined edge of the butterfly, or try to losen the bolts that hold the butterfly it to the shaft, recenter the blade with feeler gauges, and retorque the bolts with fresh locktite. This may increase the tolerance at the margins that contact the throat of the throttle body and prevent the turbulence. Personally I wouldnt worry about it.

Well thanks for all the input guys, sounds pretty normal then, ill just use to whistle at the hotties walking on the sidewalk!

Just curious... did you buy it new, and when did u get it?

I went from stock to the JTSVP tb and it whistles alot at light throttle, at any speed. Its so loud I may have to swap to another tb. I like the throttle response of it, I just cant get passed the loud whistle. But thats just me.

Thats the whistle sounds just like mine, guess its normal. With the windows down I don't really hear it over the exhaust anyways. With the performance improvement I dont mind it to much.

all ya got to do is call and ask;):call:

the whistle is from the nitrous ports , we put the plug in from the bottom up,

leaving sorta a bottle top in the venturi, as the air flows over it, it creates a whistle, jsut like blowing air across a bottle

to fix it, plug from the top, be sure to put a small amount of blue locktite on the plug, whistle gone.

thanks
Sawyer

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back