Time to start saving

Drm1125R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always wanted a Viper since I first saw them, just the best looking baddest car out there but prices are still a bit high for me.

For the past week a friend of mine that has a collection of Vipers has let me borrow one of his to have a recall performed and just put miles on it since he doesn't drive it that much.
WOW! I love my SRT 10 but it's no Viper. I have never wanted one as bad as I do now.
Over the weekend I took it up to Cooperstown for a car show (about 100 miles from where I live) and it was such a blast to drive. The looks were great having an SRT 10 and a Viper following each other on all he back roads.
The owner met my wife and I at the show with his '09 ACR and we had a nice little collection of V10's there!
Time to start saving.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
That is very cool. Our trucks are great but they certainly are a different driving experience compared to a Viper.

That is very cool. Our trucks are great but they certainly are a different driving experience compared to a Viper.

Yeah, came real close to pulling the trigger on an '04 in mint condition but could not find the accessory motor lift to get me in and out of the thing. :dontknow: Just tooooo low for the broke down knees. :(

I will say I love that I have all the room I need in the ram.

It is a REALLY snug fit for my 6'2" frame in the Viper. I either look over the windscreen or have to slink right down to look out the window and then my left knee is I the dash.
But I don't care, I still want one.

They do make a seat lowering kit that would make the car a perfect fit for you. Not that I'm trying to convince you more that you need a Viper, you've already done that yourself. :D

They do make a seat lowering kit that would make the car a perfect fit for you. Not that I'm trying to convince you more that you need a Viper, you've already done that yourself. :D

Really? I have another customer that makes me look short, I think he stands about 6'7" ish and had to remove the driver seat to be able to fit in his Viper.

Do you have a link to the seat? I have never seen it.

I will say this... If you are a big guy, I'm not sure you would love the Viper as a daily driver. The interior is a bit snug but it holds you in place nicely when you're raising Hell. I am only 5'7" so height is clearly not a factor, but I'm 220 at only 5'7" so the seat itself is really snug. As for performance, I hate to say it but it's not even close. I loved my 10 but compared to my Viper it would seem slow. These cars are just simply amazing.... best way to put it is "SCARY FUN"!!!

Back