Times/60ty

Its cool, something was due to break eventually, as long as the motor holds up, the rest is just being replaced stronger. I think I can get mid to low elevens on my set up? Too much traction is better than no traction in my book.

I hear you loud and clear on that on. :burnout:

SlicksMH

Lol!!!! I get an "A" for effort. :D I fixed my sig, but couldnt get to the post in time to edit it. It's no big deal though. I'll hit that 60ft sooner that later. Tony and I have a plan. 11.5 - 11.7's in full street trim.:rock:

Plan in one hand, shit in the other, see which fills up first.:D:D

Got her down to a 1.62 few weeks back
before putting caltracs on and still trying to catch back up on the 60' ever since.

however,
last Thur night coming off the line..... well about 20 ft down the track
broke the axle.
Already fixed it... long day yesterday, hopefully it will hold together, if you look at the close up you can see what looks like manufacturing defects in the axle.
The 390's certainly have the potential to be sticky.

Now the caltracs.. they are still eating my lunch on how to get back right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YBWxnC165U]YouTube - Launch 3-11-2011.mp4[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k3nZ3_jNXU]YouTube - Dodge Ram 1500 QC Caltracs first launch - 1/4 mile[/ame]

Attachments

• oops1.jpg
    oops1.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 20
  • opps2.jpg
    opps2.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 20
  • oops3.jpg
    oops3.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 22
  • oops4.jpg
    oops4.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2006 ram 1500 axle failllure - defect.jpg
    2006 ram 1500 axle failllure - defect.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 21
Got her down to a 1.62 few weeks back
before putting caltracs on and still trying to catch back up on the 60' ever since.

however,
last Thur night coming off the line..... well about 20 ft down the track
broke the axle.
Already fixed it... long day yesterday, hopefully it will hold together, if you look at the close up you can see what looks like manufacturing defects in the axle.
The 390's certainly have the potential to be sticky.

Now the caltracs.. they are still eating my lunch on how to get back right.

YouTube - Launch 3-11-2011.mp4

YouTube - Dodge Ram 1500 QC Caltracs first launch - 1/4 mile

Awesome times bro! Other than Caltracs what did you do to your suspension to hook like that before the Caltracs?:dontknow:

Nothing...
dead stock on the suspension
The 06's QC's do sit about an inhc higer stock and I think they do roll weight to the rear a lttle better.
One difference they use the same overload spring as a srt10, it's flatter and thicker than previious ram overloads, not sure if the sprins are acutally different or not.

My best 1/8 was a 7.59 before caltracs.
Think my best with caltracs has been 7.65
In a way it's more stable when it spins the tires but i's more prone to blow em early on
so far.
IDK I ran TMCCC Ennis yesterday and iw as such a spin fest I may just take em back them off, I can't deal with that sort of inconsistency while bracket racing.

It look like the back is more stiffer, with the caltracs. Call the Mfg, and ask them how to set them up.

It look like the back is more stiffer, with the caltracs. Call the Mfg, and ask them how to set them up.

yep it's different. I've talked with them, their suggested settings didn't work, but I have a few other adjustments to try.
think with the caltracs it's more in need of drag shocks and softer springs which doesn't go so well on a truck that I often use as a truck.

May have found another part of the problem too. the eaton detroit true trac has chewed itself up pretty good over it's' sub 2 year life, so sometimes it's probably not applying equal power to both wheels.
and I'm sure that too contributed to the axle snappage and is adding to the traction issues overall

But on a brighter note, I dialed the power back somewhat, in summit ET last Sat I pulled off a win 2nd round going dead on dial with a.005 with .007 RT to beat a pro mod looking 5's second car that went dead on dial with a .003 with a .024 light :rock:
Heck even before that I won first round, on the brakes hitting the finish line, went dead on dial with a .002
Wish i could those sort of stunts off everyday

yep it's different. I've talked with them, their suggested settings didn't work, but I have a few other adjustments to try.
think with the caltracs it's more in need of drag shocks and softer springs which doesn't go so well on a truck that I often use as a truck.

May have found another part of the problem too. the eaton detroit true trac has chewed itself up pretty good over it's' sub 2 year life, so sometimes it's probably not applying equal power to both wheels.
and I'm sure that too contributed to the axle snappage and is adding to the traction issues overall

But on a brighter note, I dialed the power back somewhat, in summit ET last Sat I pulled off a win 2nd round going dead on dial with a.005 with .007 RT to beat a pro mod looking 5's second car that went dead on dial with a .003 with a .024 light :rock:
Heck even before that I won first round, on the brakes hitting the finish line, went dead on dial with a .002
Wish i could those sort of stunts off everyday

Well, did you get the truck back hooking again.

SlicksMH

No.. I powered back even more.
then at the same time..
Been a constant series of pinion bearing failures ever since I took her into Jason's shop.
Sitting at 4 failures in about as many months now.
Found the seal leaking again when the TT went in.
turned out the pinion bearings gone from the install a month before.
then about 4 weeks after those pinion bearings smoked just cruising down the hwy.
Last failure - last week ( 3 weeks after their previous warranty repair) shocked the driveline when I let off the gas at at 90 mph,, snapped the driveshaft, which then jammed up and cracked the trans housing... all sorts of mess. Lucky I didn't eat a wall, but on the real bad side over 2 grand in additional damages aside from the rear end issue. Should be getting it back up to Texas Drivetrain performance tomorrow or so so they can do another warranty repair on the failed warranty repair of...
Anywho... nope, no new times and not a whole of confidence they will fix it right time either.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back