Times/60ty

Sounds like a :fight: between Slicks and Dot tires on 60ft to me. ;)

SlicksMH

My lil hemi got a 1.58 60' on a empty bottle on my 1st trip out on my new 28x10 hoosiers. Running out of nitrous was the cause of the et & mph looking like poo for the 60' it pulled

IMG_8771.jpg

Got some 1.64's this afternoon on the 390's.
and some say I just reset the QC Hemi 1/8 mile record with my 7.701 then 7.672 ET :rock:

Attachments

• 7-672 slip.jpg
    7-672 slip.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 18
Ran a 1.53 60 ft. 11.7 1/4 mile on my first pass with the new slicks. Twisted the axle and broke the u-joint bolts on the next pass.

sorry for loss
By twisted the axle you mean it rotated at launch messing up the pinion angle or it twisted torsionally?
Oh well got a hellofa 60 ft out if first at least.

sorry for loss
By twisted the axle you mean it rotated at launch messing up the pinion angle or it twisted torsionally?
Oh well got a hellofa 60 ft out if first at least.

Pinion angle, doesn't look too bad, was planning on going to a single shaft driveline anyway. First time I've broken down in the four years and 88k miles I've driven and raced, so its not too bad.

That's not an uncommon problem in the hemi truck arena for guys with flip kits.
Mostly due the perches not being welded or not welded sufficiently.
Whole lot force goes though that connection drag racing.

Yea, looks like that's what happened on my truck. Thinking of checking the welds and marking everything to check movement for next time. Corvette that ran before me on a previous pass messed up starting line and the truck sort of skipped on launch, might have been the start of my problems.

1.63 yesterday on the 390's
2006 5.7 hemi QC stock suspension.

Attachments

• 12-126 slip8 Jan 2011 4-45 pm.jpg
    12-126 slip8 Jan 2011 4-45 pm.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 16
1.59 on the 390's, worn below the wear indicator

Attachments

• img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 20
Corrected to 1.72....check the video:D Steve staged with his rear tires (not his fault)...blame the starting line crew:aetsch:

Lol!!!! I get an "A" for effort. :D I fixed my sig, but couldnt get to the post in time to edit it. It's no big deal though. I'll hit that 60ft sooner that later. Tony and I have a plan. 11.5 - 11.7's in full street trim.:rock:

The 60ty are looking good guys.:rock: Sorry to hear about the brake phxpoolguy.

SlicksMH

The 60ty are looking good guys.:rock: Sorry to hear about the brake phxpoolguy.

SlicksMH

Its cool, something was due to break eventually, as long as the motor holds up, the rest is just being replaced stronger. I think I can get mid to low elevens on my set up? Too much traction is better than no traction in my book.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back