Tinted Front Windshield??

Jhazephae

Reaction score
Has anyone completely tinted their front windshield?? Lately, I have been seeing alot of cars/trucks on the road with not only the 6inch front strip but the entire windshield tinted. Some go as far as tinting the windshield one shade plus adding the 6inch strip on it w/ a darker tint. I was considering doing it but wanted to see had anyone else been so bold! :confused::confused::confused:

I couldnt think what it would be to drive like that. I have a hard enough time seeing left/right turns when im at a intersection at night with my 5% on my front windows...even harder backing up at night with the 1% in the back. I been lucky with no cops giving me issues but tint the windshield is asking for trouble.

I couldnt think what it would be to drive like that. I have a hard enough time seeing left/right turns when im at a intersection at night with my 5% on my front windows...even harder backing up at night with the 1% in the back. I been lucky with no cops giving me issues but tint the windshield is asking for trouble.

Wow!! You straight murdering out them windows, lol. I was only gonna go about 10%-13% all over. Maybe a 32% on the front with a 13% strip or just 32% in the front no strip.

Yea, after i found out the cops are pretty relaxed out here (they dont bother you if you dont act like a retard on the streets) i started going as dark as i can on the windows. But i would never do the windshield. Like i said, its hard enough to see around corners. Theres a 3 way intersection on my road that i have to go through everyday, when its dark out i have to move my head around my pillar or lower my window to make sure no one is in the crosswalk.

Here is a pic of my tint.

IMG_1255.jpg

I had my windshield 5% and couldn't see anything at night lol.... Had to cut it back :)

had a body guy sublease some space from the shop. he had a customer that tinted his windshield, dark.

he wiped out the right front fender 6 times. took off the tint no mo fenders.

what a dumbass:toilet::aetsch::toilet:

I have my whole windshield tinted. I love it. I think it is only at 50%. Makes a huge difference in the summer.

angle1.jpg

Has anyone completely tinted their front windshield?? Lately, I have been seeing alot of cars/trucks on the road with not only the 6inch front strip but the entire windshield tinted. Some go as far as tinting the windshield one shade plus adding the 6inch strip on it w/ a darker tint. I was considering doing it but wanted to see had anyone else been so bold! :confused::confused::confused:

My son Nick and i have the windshields tinted on are 10's. 35% for the windshield and 5% for the strip, it's great.:D

I have 50% in the front. I had them installed about a year ago. I can't believe I waited so long to do it. Cuts out a lot off the glare.

yup it's illegal EVERYWHERE but like some have said it just depends on if your area cops are going to in-force it..... if you have the rest of your windows tinted and just throw a light tint on the windshield it will make a huge difference. A light tint will not make it to bad to see out at night but seeing in will be damn near impossible unless someone gets right up on it!

yup it's illegal EVERYWHERE but like some have said it just depends on if your area cops are going to in-force it..... if you have the rest of your windows tinted and just throw a light tint on the windshield it will make a huge difference. A light tint will not make it to bad to see out at night but seeing in will be damn near impossible unless someone gets right up on it!

yup, i have had 5% all around on my cobalt and 370z, now i got 5% and 1% on the truck, never got pulled over once. My buddy races around on the streets, always getting into trouble. He got nailed 3 times about the tint and finally took it off and put lighter tint on...doubt that will work.

I was told by the person who tinted my truck, if I ever get pulled over just roll down all the windows. If you have a sunroof open it.

This is one of my favorite mods, and will do it to every other car I get!

^^^ most cops will tell you to roll your windows up..lol.

The day i got my 370z tinted the guy at the shop told me "you understand that tint on your front windows is illegal and if you get a ticket we are not responsible" i said yes. As i took a seat and waited a cop came in while on duty and asked if he could bring his evo in later that day. They said yes and ask what tint did he want. He said 5% all around, the guy at the shop says "you understand tint on the front windows is illegal and if you get a ticket from the cops.....err....your co-workers, we are not responsible"....we all just chuckled.

^^^ most cops will tell you to roll your windows up..lol.

The day i got my 370z tinted the guy at the shop told me "you understand that tint on your front windows is illegal and if you get a ticket we are not responsible" i said yes. As i took a seat and waited a cop came in while on duty and asked if he could bring his evo in later that day. They said yes and ask what tint did he want. He said 5% all around, the guy at the shop says "you understand tint on the front windows is illegal and if you get a ticket from the cops.....err....your co-workers, we are not responsible"....we all just chuckled.
Eh Snakes who does your tinting in the Edmonton area we have tinters where i am at but no one will do 5% anymore.

I was told by the person who tinted my truck, if I ever get pulled over just roll down all the windows. If you have a sunroof open it.

This is one of my favorite mods, and will do it to every other car I get!

My cousin is a cop and he told me the same thing today at church. The reason for the limiting on tint is due to police safety and they want to feel comfortable walking up to the window. So, he said as soon as the lights are on you to let ALL windows down, not just the front down but also the back (especially if you know ur tint is not what it should be). Also if it's on the front windshield (which is illegal) b/c they really can't tell its on there if you don't go too dark. But he says that for some reason cops don't really bother truck drivers unless they are drawing too much attention by being extreme and dumb. But he also said it depends on the cop, and what mode he/she are in, lol. Word of advice, women cops RARELY let you off w/ a warning, lol. :aetsch::aetsch:

Eh Snakes who does your tinting in the Edmonton area we have tinters where i am at but no one will do 5% anymore.

Xtreme Tinting, its on 97th st and Yellowhead Trail. Not 100% sure if they are still opend, they had a Closed sign on their door for the past few weeks, but i still see peoples cars there.

I use AutoStyle +. , they do nice work!

The reason I was told that tint is illegal on the front door windows is that if you were in an accident the window wouldn't shatter apart to absorb head impact the tint will hold the glass together and cause ALOT more head injury! Which has a little truth too it!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back