tips on storing

ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys do when you store your 10s:dontknow: I would like some suggestions so when I get it out in the spring its not screwed up in any way.This is by far the nicest truck ive ever owned and I would like to keep it that way.Thanks in advance :rock: ,Ryan

If you can make it to the Orchard Beach GTG Sept. 21st you can talk about it with a dozen other trucks. :D

Full tank of fuel with a good dose of Sta-Bil. If your not gonna be starting it at all, I would disconnect the battery and hook it up to a battery maintainer (trickle charger) that shuts off automatically when the battery is fully charged. Fresh oil change and change it again shortly after you take it out of storage.

Yea FatJack is right. I have to would also recommend changing all fluids as mositure might build up. Full Tank is great. Also if a Cover will work well. Make sure that you have it moved, so that tires do not get flat spots in them. oh wax the Sh%t out of it before you do put it in storage.

why store it when you can drive, my best memories were drinving mine in january and february back in NY

Thanks for the responses guys. BurntRubber you must be one hell of a driver :driver: because we usually get some good snow storms in New York. I have never even had it out in the rain, I could'nt imagine it in snow:afraid:

lots of horse power, lite ass end, big tires & ice. OH BOY
lol
:rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

this truck is is 1 of the best 4x2 truck I have ever driven in the snow! I live in ct and it has bin my daily driver for the last 2 year. I even took a few trips to vt to get some snowboarding in last year. I never got stuck in any ice or snow. but I understand not wanting to drive it in the winter, I am in the car storage biz. The worst thing you can do for any car is let it sit. battery, checking the air in the tires, and at least starting it once a month(driving it if weather permits) . the only thing better than that is keeping it at my place. collectorscargarage.com

Make sure it isn't near anything producing Ozone....brutal on Rubber items. Nothing worse than a refig in the garage humming along next to a car.

Im actually gonna put in on jack stands i think and i already have a cover for it .Thanks everyone, Ryan

attila said:
would inflating tires to a higher pressure help avoiding flat spots?
I am not sure, i heard someone say that the jackstands would work. I will find out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back