Tires&gears

Viperpwrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so two questions !!!
1) i dont want to buy the wheel spacer kit because i like my 22s so whats a better tire i can get too give it a wider look or some way to have the tires stick out a little
2) whats the highest gear ratio that you can safely (gas&money) wise run on the streets i was thinking either 4.88s or 5.13s
Looking foward to hearing from you guys

Leave your gears as is, no other way to get wider wheel look, and spend your money on engine mods instead of items that are perfect as is. Just my .02
And " higher gear ratio would be going to 3:73, 3:42, 3.18 etc
You're talking "lower geared" which IMO our trucks don't need. 4.10 and 4.56 are ample

What happened to Physco Mythic and his 5.13 or 4.88 that slowed down in the 1/4 lol?:dontknow:

I personally went from 4.56 to 4.10 on my QC and love it. 18.5 mpg hwy, 12.5 city and hold each gear longer in races and DD. Love it! 3.73 isn't enough and 4.56 is too much IMO. Both auto and manual have too stereo a first gear and neither is in first long.

Last edited:
No he is not!

They're all down for repairs just like their trucks.

I'll get him in here. Here's me smoking a built one a few times ;)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LxEOHhi3RU&sns=em[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEfWvVbOQig&sns=em[/ame]

Sent from my Razor :)

Last edited:
I have owned my 2004 RC since new (came with 4.10) and I switched to the 4.56's. I prefer the 4.56 for 1/4 mile racing. I lowered my ET when switching. With tuning and exhaust work along with the M&H drag radials (29.5" tall, 390-40-17) I was able to stay in 4th gear through the 1/4 mile. Experience is talking here as I have had one of the quickest naturally aspirated stock engine trucks on this forum since 2006. I was the first one in the 11's NA. My new engine is quite a bit more powerful (+200 rwhp over my stock engine) and I will be staying with the 4.56's.

Okay thanks guys ! Has anyone got the staggered wheel kit from venemous ?? If so how do you like it

I have owned my 2004 RC since new (came with 4.10) and I switched to the 4.56's. I prefer the 4.56 for 1/4 mile racing. I lowered my ET when switching. With tuning and exhaust work along with the M&H drag radials (29.5" tall, 390-40-17) I was able to stay in 4th gear through the 1/4 mile. Experience is talking here as I have had one of the quickest naturally aspirated stock engine trucks on this forum since 2006. I was the first one in the 11's NA. My new engine is quite a bit more powerful (+200 rwhp over my stock engine) and I will be staying with the 4.56's.

Your engine is on a totally different level! At what RPM do you expect to go through the traps at? I'm assuming a lot higher than 6,000. 7,500??? If so that's why you retain the ability to stay with 4:56's.

Not saying that you don't realize this, just pointing that out for the people that may not know what you have! :burnout::burnout:

Thankfully we finally figured out the tire and gear question, but what I really want to know is what oil should I run in my truck? :D

I don't use oil anymore; I use Mrs. Butterworth’s Lite Maple Syrup. Not only is it less expense and flows well it makes the cab of my truck smell good. I just have trouble driving by the IHOP.

I don't use oil anymore; I use Mrs. Butterworth’s Lite Maple Syrup. Not only is it less expense and flows well it makes the cab of my truck smell good. I just have trouble driving by the IHOP.

You forgot to mention the fact that it also quiets down that clicking sound from the lifters. :rock: :rock: :burnout:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back