Tires question ?

Ylw-Fvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has the best price on tires and what brand do you guys recommend?
I need to order a set tonight.
I live in the country and the local stores are trying to rob me .
Thanks for any info in advance :D

Depends on how much ya wanna spend. I just put 4 Hankook Ventus st's on for 800 bucks. I wanted to put the Bf goodrich g force'es on but they were about 1,500 bucks.:dontknow:

I'm on my 6th set of four different brands. No question I'll continue with the Yokohama Prada Spec X's. A bit more than others but in dollar per mile no question a better value.

FATJACK said:
Nitto 420's...Tire Rack.com

That's what I've been running,and I love the mileage I've gotten on them !!!I too really wanted the BFG TA KDW's ('cause I really love the tread pattern),but the price difference was trememendous !!:rock:

I just got the BFG's. I like them so far.I'm going road racing at PIR on July 28th and August 3rd so I can tell you how they work at WOT.

Thanks for all the info guys. I went with the Kuhmo's it was a hard choice between those and the nittos.

moparracing said:
i'm still on my original pirelli's & love 'em, tire rack is the place to buy. ;)

That is because a yeller truck cant spin the tires so there aint no wear..:D ..............But I agree...I like the Pirellis though there have been complaints about wet weather driving...but I dont know about that since my 10 wont leave the stable if it's raining..;)

Id really like to know how the BFG's preform in the rain and icy weather. The tread pattern is SICK and there's no doubt they are killer on dry pavement. But I can't see them hooking up at all when its wet. Anyone who has a set, let me know how they preform.

The BATRAM loves it's Continental “CrossContactâ€￾ UHP Tires (305/45R22) and they are (Z) W Rated. Hooked well with the manual and auto. Chirps the tires between gears and bites hard. Good in all conditions too, like any tire, you have to wear them in. I love reading threads like this where guys get tires and within 20 minutes of driving with them they immediately offer their thoughts lol usually overrated and opinionated. You get that on forums though, those guys usually do complete engine swaps at lunch with a 15 minute part delay aka "Internet heroes". :p ;) The consensus seems to be that anything is better than the stock tires. Having said that, moparracing loves his and who are we to argue. Go with the gut and search the forum to gather your opinion on an overall consensus. There will be 2 or 3 brands that come up more than others, run with one of them.

TireRack1.jpg

THE_BATRAM_19.JPG

JRSVIPR said:
I just put the Conti-crosscontacts on, Nice tire IMHO:rock:
Same here. Superb tire rubber is not too hard and also not that soft that it wears away quickly. Excellent weather traction and speed rating. Can't be beat for the money

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back