Tires

Outlaw Viper

Reaction score
My Pirelli tires get flat spots, after setting for a few days. Worse in cold weather. Takes about 10 miles to round out . Is there any tire brand better for not getting flat spots? Tires are 6 Yr. old and 10K on them...

Pirelli's use a zero-degree nylon cap belt for high speed stability, is just a characteristic of their ultra high performance tires.....

I have the BFG's. While building my engine and other mods my truck sat for a total for of 19 months. I had no issues with flat spots.

i am fixing to go to bfg's this winter but at same time i wont ever buy another pirelli hell they couldnt pay me to take a set.

BFGs also! Had an issue with Pirellis on truck when i bought it, Pirelli refused to even give a discount on new set of 4. Decided then & there last time Pirelli have tires on my vehicle. BFGs KDWs are fantastic on wet or dry road, ride great, am very satisfied with them. Will be needing another set soon..

I ran the Nittos. Loved them

Great price too :)

yeah i have a lot of issues with pirrelli's first set of 4 that came on truck within 4,000 miles all 4 had blown the side walls out of them dealership replaced them with 4 new tires and all 2 of them got bubbles in the tires i had to repace them and at that point i got rid of them then other 2 blew out on me over the course of about 5k miles. i swore i wouldnt own them again.

Never heard of this many problems with Pirellis before, when you see the cars that they are on, including the 2013 Viper, its surprising. I've only had my truck 6mos but have pushed them pretty hard and they have not disappointed, but I do like the look of the BFG's and Nitto's.

Yeah I messed up when I got the toyo 2's and I should of went back with the Nittos

yeah i had them on past vehicles also so i dont know if its just this particular size tire they make but i refuse to waste the money since they are expensive also on them to have issues and have them tell me they cant do anything for me. had continentals they where pretty good and the grappler where really good but both are fairly hard to find now figure bfg's are next heard nothing but good about them.

The first set I bought were the general grabbers....then I bought the nittos after every ones recommendation ...the general grabbers are way better than the nittos imo....the only down fall was they wear pretty quick...

Tire wear for me was...........

Pirelli = 30,000 O.K until it rained.:toilet:
BFG KDW = 28,000 Got them when they first came out $380.00 ea.:(
Conti. = 29,000 Great wet or dry.:rock:
Nitto 420s = still working on them.

As far as all around performance, I liked the Contis. the best. The Nittos are pretty good,But they are not ZR rated. The BFGs are good wet or dry, But to much $$$$$$$. Just MHO :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back