To Dyno Tune or Not?

SRT10R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done talking to the local dyno shop here cause I was going to have them do a custom tune on my SCT. He said for what it cost me to have him do a custom tune it would be worth the gain for what I have done with the truck. What are you guys opinion? My truck is completely stock computer and map wise. I Have Bellanger Headers to magnaflow, CAI, and just bought a underdrive pulley, jtsvp throttle body, and used SCT. Is it worth getting a custom tune, is it worth just paying torrie or chris for a generic map off my mods? I guess i dont know how to go about this. Any help? Im Lost haha

I just got done talking to the local dyno shop here cause I was going to have them do a custom tune on my SCT. He said for what it cost me to have him do a custom tune it would be worth the gain for what I have done with the truck. What are you guys opinion? My truck is completely stock computer and map wise. I Have Bellanger Headers to magnaflow, CAI, and just bought a underdrive pulley, jtsvp throttle body, and used SCT. Is it worth getting a custom tune, is it worth just paying torrie or chris for a generic map off my mods? I guess i dont know how to go about this. Any help? Im Lost haha

Heck yes! Or at least a good mail order tune from One of our tuners. :rock:
If local guy make sure he knows what he's doing for sure.

What kind of experience does he have with the Viper engine? If none, walk away and get a pro like Chris or Torrie to do it.

Like the others have said, if the person is not very experienced in tuning Viper engines.....don't do it. Chris or Torrie can email you tunes. :rock::rock:

Would it be better to go run the truck on the dyno and at the same time email the tunes to chris or torrie right away? I dont think hes got alot of experience with viper motors but I know hes good at what he does. How much do you think torrie or chris woukd charge for something like tthat?

Ron Cherry (Black Pearl) had his engine blown by an inexperienced tuner. Make sure as others have said to get a qualified tuner. It's absolutely worth custom tuning your truck with the mods that you have.

Would it be better to go run the truck on the dyno and at the same time email the tunes to chris or torrie right away? I dont think hes got alot of experience with viper motors but I know hes good at what he does. How much do you think torrie or chris woukd charge for something like tthat?

Yes you can do that or get a wideband and make some pulls recording A/F and if possible datalog all sensors.

R/C or Q/C ???

If that is all the mods you have and still have cats on, I would not do it ,not unless you just want to squeeze every drop out it ,,

If you remove cats with long tube headers I would dyno it .

Last edited:
If its a Q/C just get a can tune .good bang for buck ,On R/C with just those mods .
No .

If its a Q/C just get a can tune .good bang for buck ,On R/C with just those mods .
No .
This.

It's important to know if you have a QC or a RC.

My best "time" with my RC is on a stock PCM, no tune. But then again, ARRESTmeRed04 picked up a bunch of power tuning his RC.

A QC needs a tune, even if it's stock, IMO. My preference would be a dyno tune, over a can tune.

This.

It's important to know if you have a QC or a RC.

My best "time" with my RC is on a stock PCM, no tune. But then again, ARRESTmeRed04 picked up a bunch of power tuning his RC.

A QC needs a tune, even if it's stock, IMO. My preference would be a dyno tune, over a can tune.

I agree with this as well. I ran a faster e/t with a can tune but lost 2 mph trap speed.

I have a RC. I think im gonna go to my local dyno and have him make the pulls and have chris or torrie on immediate email to throw me some tunes back. Guess youll never know if you will pick up power if you dont try...im scared to de cat my truck. I love the sound of my truck just worried how it will be after

I have a RC. I think im gonna go to my local dyno and have him make the pulls and have chris or torrie on immediate email to throw me some tunes back. Guess youll never know if you will pick up power if you dont try...im scared to de cat my truck. I love the sound of my truck just worried how it will be after

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back