Tool Question

FastRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning an audio mod that may involve several minor wiring/connector changes. Looking through the service manual I found Mopar through Miller Tools offers a crimping tool specific for use with making up connector/terminal connections. The Mopar number is 05019912AA and the Miller number is 10042. I looked up the price for the tool and found its quite expensive, in the range of $130.00. The service manual specifies the use of this crimping tool or a suitable alternate to crimp the terminals to the wiring that insert into a connector body. Besides the Mopar tool, what other alternate crimping tool can I use? I want to make sure the terminal crimps are made up properly and securely.

These are the ones i use they have 2 different crimpers and a cutter, I payed about 60$ for this and it works great, I usually like to buy craftsman nowadays, the past couple years i've seen the quality of snap-on lacking for the price...
27938.JPG

unless yor going crazy with the connectors, I always use the soderless bullet type connectors and a crimper, maybe $ 15 for the crimper and buy a bag of bullets and tube connectors at a electrical store (radio shack) and go to town on the wiring. I like the bullet style because you can pull it all apart later and not have to cut the wire again for just a soderless terminal.

RB04 said:
unless yor going crazy with the connectors, I always use the soderless bullet type connectors and a crimper, maybe $ 15 for the crimper and buy a bag of bullets and tube connectors at a electrical store (radio shack) and go to town on the wiring. I like the bullet style because you can pull it all apart later and not have to cut the wire again for just a soderless terminal.

I thought about that but the instrument panel center speaker I have requires a Mopar connector, no spade terminal, no other means on the speaker to terminate wiring without the use of a Mopar connector. I haven't pulled the I/P dash cover yet to see if the wire harness connectors match up with the speaker. If they match, no mod, if they don't match I need to make up a new connector to terminate the harness wiring onto the speaker.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back