TOP SPEED

Sammy11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week i was on the German Autobahn where is NO speedlimit.
It was early in the morning and almost none vehicles on the road.
My fueltank was full and also my LPG-tank was full.
We where in the truck with 4 people so the total weight was arround 7000 pounds.
Weather condition was perfect , no wind and a good road.

On my navigation device i did a topspeed of 260 km/h
That is 161 miles/h

How accurate is a sattelite navigation system ?

It sure was very fast , the guys in my truck says that it feld like an airplane right before it come of the ground , LOL

sweet:rock::rock::rock:

since ya have a Roe/SCT it is very possibile:burnout::rock::burnout::rock:

I've never done a top speed pull....how slow did it pull once it hit 140?

i went about 150mph in y old 05 qc and honestly, my leg was shaking when i started to slow down, it felt fast to me and that is the fastest i have ever been, not a racecar driver, just a construction workin avg joe.

What kind of navy u got. most of the good ones are VERY accurate, down to thousandths of a sec.

those things and the people that make them look at time much different than we do.

i would deffinatly trust the Garmin in front of the truck. even if the garmin leads my the wrong way down a 1way sometimes.lol:D

i use the factory OEM navigation.
but i use also a Speed Camera Alert System (Coyote).
it works with the same sattelites as the ones we use for the navigation.

more info here :
Coyote

I would say yes, you were doing 161mph, your truck deffinatly has the potential to do it.

i bet it was a rush:rock:

my truck goes over 160miles too,

but i do this for maximum 2 minutes,the tranny temp will go to high by this speed.

hehe, i have only pushed mine to 135ish..and that was just runnin down I-95 and i only kept it there for a minute cause i didnt want that fat ticket! i always wanted to try it somewhere to see if it really will do the 160 the speedometer says...someday, lol where there wont be any cops to get me!
IMG_0396.jpg

I know its not a 10 but i have pegged my hemi past 120 on the stopper and it was still pulling.

hehe, i have only pushed mine to 135ish..and that was just runnin down I-95 and i only kept it there for a minute cause i didnt want that fat ticket! i always wanted to try it somewhere to see if it really will do the 160 the speedometer says...someday, lol where there wont be any cops to get me!
IMG_0396.jpg

if ur stock the truck wont pull much past 150mph, which for me is fast enough anyways:D

oh and at 135mph, its not a ticket, its a free ride to jail and an impounded truck;)

Last week i was on the German Autobahn where is NO speedlimit.
It was early in the morning and almost none vehicles on the road.
My fueltank was full and also my LPG-tank was full.
We where in the truck with 4 people so the total weight was arround 7000 pounds.
Weather condition was perfect , no wind and a good road.

On my navigation device i did a topspeed of 260 km/h
That is 161 miles/h

How accurate is a sattelite navigation system ?

It sure was very fast , the guys in my truck says that it feld like an airplane right before it come of the ground , LOL

That sounds accurate to me. The fastest I've gone was 163 mph. But it took a while to get that fast and it felt like I was driving on ice. Scary.

if ur stock the truck wont pull much past 150mph, which for me is fast enough anyways:D

oh and at 135mph, its not a ticket, its a free ride to jail and an impounded truck;)

yup i am stock, i dont race it so i figured the engine the way it is, is just fine for me, lol and its fast enough for me that way, i certainly dont want that free ride to jail and my baby in impound! :):burnout:

Luckaly for me i did the 161 m/h at the German Autobahn...NO SPEEDLIMIT :rock::):rock:

Luckaly for me i did the 161 m/h at the German Autobahn...NO SPEEDLIMIT :rock::):rock:

I have seen many shows on the autobahn, construction, safety precautions, etc,

u are lucky to live by it.

if u go to the right places in alaska and the lower 48 there are places where the speed limit is not enforced, but it takes a long time to get there. lol

yup i am stock, i dont race it so i figured the engine the way it is, is just fine for me, lol and its fast enough for me that way, i certainly dont want that free ride to jail and my baby in impound! :):burnout:

i hear ye bro, if that crotch rocket in the pic is urs it looks like u gots alllllll the speeeeeeed-u-neeeeeeeed:D:D:D

West Texas is the perfect place for a romp to 160ish. They just put into law that some of these highways will be 85mph legally. Texas Autobahn, here we come.;)
I know for a fact that the Auto falls flat once into O/D so it musta took a bit to get there. I know that I can hit 125 in 4th REALLY fast now with the 6 speed vs. Auto.:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back