top speed ?

I had mine up to just a tick over 150 on I-10 coming into Tucson with my bud trying to keep up in his new Titan and it felt great! And it got up there fast too, well to me anyway... Nothing weird and it had RPM left and pedal but the DPS car I saw up ahead made me back it down... Thank God he never pulled out, whewww! It sure felt as though it could have done more...

I wanna play does any one have an idea of what kind of rpm you loose in a T/C at 6200 rpm ?
6200 RPM .78 gear ratio 4.56 rear gear 29.87 tall tire.:burnout:

A little over 73 when I was feeling frisky...

Couldn't find third gear so I backed it down and went home to take a nap.

kickinassrt-10 said:
135mph 20 min after getting my truck a few weeks back.....got there pretty quickly form 80mph but let off because it was the first time I've been over a 100mph in 3 years (had a diesel), i was running out of road, and my balls were in my throat...seemed like it could of kept going since it was steadily climbing

And here we have a possible future Darwin Award winner.

A whole 20 minutes of experience with the truck and doing 135.

152 one time just to see what it had. Smooth as glaaassssss. Probably could get a couple more ticks if I folded in those big ass mirrors.
I could ONLY do that in fifth gear. When I shifted into sixth, I started losing speed at wot. 100% stock...

Last edited:
When I first got my truck I got it up to 120 and the steel belts in the Pirelli's broke loose.....very scary

Yeah, that always worries me too.

A tyre letting go.....scary.

It must be an age thing, 25 years ago, I wouldn't have cared.:D

I might try the mirrors folded in next time too. I was sure they were going to tear clean off.

NO, NO, NO Prof we are not talking about age on this thread ;)

Prof said:
A little over 73 when I was feeling frisky...

Couldn't find third gear so I backed it down and went home to take a nap.

I would be proud to be as young as 73 just one more time in my life...

I'm just taking an educated guess, but with the aerodynamics of these trucks it will take close to 2000 horsepower to hit a real 200 MPH. From what I have read the need for more power climbs at an alarming rate for each MPH. But John could probably explain it way better than I can.

Bill.

Begood said:
I'm just taking an educated guess, but with the aerodynamics of these trucks it will take close to 2000 horsepower to hit a real 200 MPH. From what I have read the need for more power climbs at an alarming rate for each MPH. But John could probably explain it way better than I can.

Bill.

Exactly...I doubt that our trucks can get close to 200 with the wall of air they have to push...the horsepower needed to overcome the resistance is not linear it would be geometric...even the very slippery Vipers and Corvettes have difficulty getting to 200 and their hp to weight rations are much more advantageous than ours even at 13 or 1400 hp.

2000 is probably a very good estimate to get to 200...

Prof said:
Exactly...I doubt that our trucks can get close to 200 with the wall of air they have to push...the horsepower needed to overcome the resistance is not linear it would be geometric...even the very slippery Vipers and Corvettes have difficulty getting to 200 and their hp to weight rations are much more advantageous than ours even at 13 or 1400 hp.

2000 is probably a very good estimate to get to 200...
Yes these curve linear functions can get quite expensive:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back