Toss Up ECU or N02

Rickspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I am trying to figure out what to do next. Its an 05 QC lowered with x-metal kit, magnaflow catback, and jmb intake with catch can. I was debating between the flash programmer, or the Zex Truck Nitrous kit. Just want to get some feedback and opinions on some other mods you guys might recommend as well. Thanks.

Well I already have a flashed stage II,and just got the zex kit,so I would say get both.

Annu Kumar said:
Brat Are you playing with nitrous??:nurse:
could be,the wife got me the zex kit for christmas,she rocks.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Brat

Have ya run ya kit yet? if not have ya run ya truck before witout nitrous? tHINK i WANT A KIT ALSO, DO YA GOT A PART# FOR DA ZEX KIT AN HOW MUCH ALSO WHERE DID YA PURCHASE YOUR'S? Sammy in S.C.

bro, pm Justin at JMB performance, he can tell you whether or not you need ot flash the puter for the NOS, I dont think you will have to,

rice eater has run a 150 shot for a couple years now with out problems

im not running the zex kit but im running a kit close to it....i do not have my pcm or ecu flashed......i have had no problems....except boiling the tires when i hit the button in 2nd gear.....but to get the most out of it id say get it flashed if you get a chance..but it works fine without

First off you gotta ask your self how often are you going to go to the track. If your going to be a track junkie like Rice (no offense Ricey). Go with the NOS tons of fun and the very best bang for the buck to lower your e/t.

If your not going to be hitting the track often get the SCT programer, not the flashed PCM you will have the extra 20-30 rwhp and 40-50 rwtq at your beck and call. You'll be able roast those 22's with very little problem. You will also have the ability later on to customize your tune for about 75 bucks if you every decide to install some additional power adders.

Thing to consider if your going to run NOS. You definetly do not want to flash your PCM if you gonna run NOS as it advances your timing (to much gas not enough fuel you go BOOM). I would if I were running NOS take some extra insurance by way of colder plugs, and a window switch at the very minimum.

Last edited:
LitemUp said:
First off you gotta ask your self how often are you going to go to the track. If your going to be a track junkie like Rice (no offense Ricey). Go with the NOS tons of fun and the very best bang for the buck to lower your e/t.

If your not going to be hitting the track often get the SCT programer, not the flashed PCM you will the 20-30 rwhp and 40-50 rwtq at your beck and call. You'll be able roast those 22's with very little problem. You will also have the ability later on to customize your tune for about 75 bucks if you every decide to install some additional power adders.

Thing to consider if your going to run NOS. You definetly do not want to flash your PCM if you gonna run NOS as it advances your timing (to much gas not enough fuel you go BOOM). I would if I were running NOS take some extra insurance by way of colder plugs, and a window switch at the very minimum.

Great advice there dude.....................there is a lot of power in the computer and the SCT offers flexibility if you want to add NOS in the future.

patrick

I had no problems with a 175 shot with the stock pcm a few years back, i have the 150's in now.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back