Totaled out vipers

Tonkasmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I found a website selling totaled out vipers, and I thought buying one with hail damage would be a great idea (gen 4s under 35k) Curious on peoples thoughts and if anyone else has done something similiar. My idea would be to Buy a black one and then buy all carbon fiber body panels I can find to replace.

So I found a website selling totaled out vipers, and I thought buying one with hail damage would be a great idea (gen 4s under 35k) Curious on peoples thoughts and if anyone else has done something similiar. My idea would be to Buy a black one and then buy all carbon fiber body panels I can find to replace.

if it has a salvage title it's pretty much worthless, i was going to buy a gen 3 viper that looked great but the bank said not no but hell no with the salvage title. i think some insurance companys even give you trouble with a salvage title

Really, I didn't know that at all well glad I asked. So is the gen 3/4 that much better then the gen 2. Seems like a gen 2 with some bolt-ons would be just as fast and way cheaper

Last edited:
I was looking at a salvaged 2008 Viper for low 30's. It was already rebuilt. Bank wouldn't touch it. That was with putting 12k down as well.

I have a friend that writes books on how to have a salvage title cleared legitimately.

theres a website that I have been following for years that is like this. Prestige cars and bikes!
Readytofix.com

CANT GET FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE ON A SALVAGE TITLE // BANK WILL NOT FINANCE EITHER // Been there and tried that lol

But after a title has been cleared (again, legitimately, nothing shady) a bank will finance it and insurance company's are happy to insure them as regular vehicles.

But after a title has been cleared (again, legitimately, nothing shady) a bank will finance it and insurance company's are happy to insure them as regular vehicles.

any more info on how to clear a title? just the basics

CANT GET FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE ON A SALVAGE TITLE // BANK WILL NOT FINANCE EITHER // Been there and tried that lol

Unless u live in new jersey .... And have usaa as a carrier :) been there done that

About the viper I have looked into it - from what I am told you have to buy it - then pay a mechanic to restore it " the mechanic and his shop has to be on the list of repairs facilities"

Then you have to submit paper work to the state, then if approved you and your newly repaired car has to go up to the state for an inspection only then will the "S" for salvage be replaced with an "R" for reconstructed

Then it insured and be registered for drivability ....

In the long run - it's not worth it, unless you get a kick ass deal and have money to burn

Good luck

This is true and the way to do that is to buy it and register it in a different state cause it will clear the title. LOL its shady but works. Bought a car in AZ that was salvage and then reg is CA and title was clean and clear except carfax lol. Insurance got full coverage

Unless u live in new jersey .... And have usaa as a carrier :) been there done that

About the viper I have looked into it - from what I am told you have to buy it - then pay a mechanic to restore it " the mechanic and his shop has to be on the list of repairs facilities"

Then you have to submit paper work to the state, then if approved you and your newly repaired car has to go up to the state for an inspection only then will the "S" for salvage be replaced with an "R" for reconstructed

Then it insured and be registered for drivability ....

In the long run - it's not worth it, unless you get a kick ass deal and have money to burn

Good luck

Well i have USAA also but i never tried with them since the last salvage car i owned was in early 2000 and like i said in a previous message i cleared it lol

This is true and the way to do that is to buy it and register it in a different state cause it will clear the title. LOL its shady but works. Bought a car in AZ that was salvage and then reg is CA and title was clean and clear except carfax lol. Insurance got full coverage

No Sir. I think that is shady and wrong. You can legitimately move a title from S to R then R to clear. There are processes in place in most states to do so. Do a Google search. There are books on how to do this yourself. I've never tried it, but I wouldn't be afraid to try.

There is a way to clear a title by registering in another state, I had a buddy that did that here in AZ, he wasn't even trying to do it, the car he bought was salvaged and he was cool with that. When he got the new title it wasn't marked salvage,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back