Touchup Paint for Scrape

Scobar

Reaction score
So I just got my truck on Saturday (freaking sweet BTW), and while pulling it into the garage the other night, I managed to scrape the passenger side front facia, right before the wheel well. Not to bad, the scrape should buff out, but there are some areas where there is no paint.
Hafta post a pic later. So pissed I punched the wall in the garage.

N E ways anybody know how difficult it will be for the body shop to repair it. Paint matching and what not?

EDIT: Best pic I could get with the camera phone.

Last edited:
Scobar said:
So I just got my truck on Saturday (freaking sweet BTW), and while pulling it into the garage the other night, I managed to scrape the passenger side front facia, right before the wheel well. Not to bad, the scrape should buff out, but there are some areas where there is no paint.
Hafta post a pic later. So pissed I punched the wall in the garage.

N E ways anybody know how difficult it will be for the body shop to repair it. Paint matching and what not?
BUMMER :( Do you need a wider garage or did you just misjudge :dontknow:

First off I have not mixed any of the new red and dont know if it is a true pearl (3 stage ) or just has pearl in the mix . My guess is the latter and any GOOD paint shop could touch it ,blend it and buff it and you would never know it was there . Now the bad news every paint shop will tell you they are good .Do not trust what they say ,find someone who used them and ask them .Most shops run on insurance quaility and thats a wee bit substandard to most car guys or maybe it's too many years being anal :confused:
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Wifey said:
BUMMER :( Do you need a wider garage or did you just misjudge :dontknow:

Need a wider garage, but kinda limited at the apartments I live at now. Also misjusdged a little bit.

On that note if it is a true 3 stage paint, whats involved with that.

Hotrodmike said:
First off I have not mixed any of the new red and dont know if it is a true pearl (3 stage ) or just has pearl in the mix . My guess is the latter and any GOOD paint shop could touch it ,blend it and buff it and you would never know it was there . Now the bad news every paint shop will tell you they are good .Do not trust what they say ,find someone who used them and ask them .Most shops run on insurance quaility and thats a wee bit substandard to most car guys or maybe it's too many years being anal :confused:
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Well Put ...................

Anyone know of a GOOD paint shop around Omaha, NE. Price isn't too much of an issue. I want this thing back to before I had it.

wont cost more than 250 to get it fixed, when i got my truck it was scratched in the same place and i had the whole thing painted for less than 250. local dealer paid, friend of mine painted it :D he does all the paint and bodywork for the dealer i bought my truck from..........

Thanks Jack
Hmmm at 10mpg I think referring myself wouldnt be cost effective ROFLMAO .
Ask around the custom car area they tend to be the fussiest just under the exotica guys . Also if you are paying cash vs the good ol insurance co a lot of body shops do not want your business ,I think that has something to do with sharing the KY jelly when they meet .
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Scobar said:
Need a wider garage, but kinda limited at the apartments I live at now. Also misjusdged a little bit.

On that note if it is a true 3 stage paint, whats involved with that.

Hmmmmmmm well the 3 stage is base coat ,then the candy or pearl ,then the clear . The bitch with that is the second opaqe color has to be put on at the EXact same mix and thickness and temp and air preasure to get a bullseye match ,,good bright booth and a hell of an eye for color ,,,but like I said I doubt it is a 3 stage ,too much work for the factory . I would look up the mix but I do not have code books that go up that late since we dont do collision (ok very little and mostly older stuff )mostly custom paint
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Better yet find a BMW or Mercedes dealer and find out who they use...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back