Tow Haul when Drag racing

I've tried it both ways. Cant tell a difference.

You'll have to come out of it around 122mph.

I find when in tow/Haul it drop it in a lower gear and raises the rpms. When tow/haul is off it kicks in to over-drive.

I may need to make more runs with tow/haul OFF and see if torque converter lockup at higher speeds will improve times. I always run with tow/ haul ON and thought not letting the converter lock up would be faster, not so sure now as in the auto car world you get a stall converter but it's usually a lockup one and there Is no button on cars to disengage?
I do know the tow/haul button prevents overdrive 4th gear and delays lock up of converter and I believe will nor lock up at all under wot

VENOMOUS1 said:
I may need to make more runs with tow/haul OFF and see if torque converter lockup at higher speeds will improve times. I always run with tow/ haul ON and thought not letting the converter lock up would be faster, not so sure now as in the auto car world you get a stall converter but it's usually a lockup one and there Is no button on cars to disengage?
I do know the tow/haul button prevents overdrive 4th gear and delays lock up of converter and I believe will nor lock up at all under wot

My tranny gets confused anyway when using those really low M&H drag radials we are forced to run. It jumps into 4th sometimes near the line even with the O/D button turned ON.

It is likely because of the anti-lock sensors feeding data to the e.c.u. because of the difference in the rotating speed between the front and the back wheels.

It ALWAYS works as it should at the track with the o.e.m. wheels and rubber. Well, other than the 1/2 second more (1/4 mile) I have to endure with it spinning..;)

Ronnie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back