towing with the rc?

I know one guy that pulls his work trailer every day

not that will admit to it. i seen a few guys pullin there race cars to the track with them. go figure here we are buildin the shit out of them and no matter what we do the cars these guys are pullin with the trucks we would need a jet to beat these 9 and 8 secs so I dont see anyharm I would get better than oem brake pads. I used to think It wouldnt be good but after doin some checking an auto would be better but the 6spd will do a good job also.

I have a hitch on mine but I only pull very light loads. A motorcycle or golf cart etc. I have talked to other folks who tow and even a Chrysler engineer who said the RC was rated to 6000 pounds but the warranty dudes said no way. Talked to the owner of this rig and he said he hasn't had any problems.
IMG_0163.jpg

i need it to pull 6000lbs. what is suposed to be the weak link?

lightninquick said:
The clutch. Be very gently with it. Take it real easy.

lightninquick said:
any upgrade options to help that?
Yeap! Most everyone who races or runs their trucks hard end up switching to the Viper hydraulics and Centerforce clutch. There are other options too.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Yeap! Most everyone who races or runs their trucks hard end up switching to the Viper hydraulics and Centerforce clutch. There are other options too.
thats good info,,,thanks

im gona start looking for a rc:rock:

Begood said:
Also make sure you do not have too much tongue weight.

Bill.
And he doesn't mean this kind.:D

Last edited:
lightninquick said:

No, your gearing and clutch are the drawbacks, 6000lbs might work on the flat ground , but, do not try to take off on a steep grade or good bye clutch.
Install a truck 5 speed with granny low:D great hole shot at the drags too:rock:

Begood said:
Here is a nice pic.

IMG_0606.jpg

Bill.

What are you doing with that Grape on the trailer:dontknow: :p :p :marchmellow:

Wifey said:
No, your gearing and clutch are the drawbacks, 6000lbs might work on the flat ground , but, do not try to take off on a steep grade or good bye clutch.
You could look for an '05 which has a 4.56 rear gear. The '04 has the 4.10. That would help some.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back