Toyota is screwed if this is true...

According to Toyota, there is no problem.

I dont understand why they dont throw it in neutral and shut it off?? I think he was speeding got caught and said it wont slow down help me, I think we'll see alot of this b.s.

I can't believe he didn't think of turning the car off? Especially after several minutes had passed.

I have heard some vehicles won't turn off at high speeds?:dontknow: :dontknow:

Maybe Toyota can take that car and get some info.

yeah i dont think you can turn those off at high speeds designed that way for "safety" since you would also loose power steering and power brakes of course when you have no brakes and accelerator is stuck lol....

i agree knock it in nuetral and let it coast to a stop, if the motor pops so be it, at least your alive. if nothing else slam it in park and fry the tranny

Sounds like a self created Toyota Lottery ticket to me

and I hate toyota

EMT/SRT said:
I have heard some vehicles won't turn off at high speeds?:dontknow: :dontknow:

Yup! And others wont let you shift to park, neutral, or too low of a gear at high speed or throttle position also, to protect the drivetrain...Our Charger patrol car won't. Ask me how i know. :D :D :D

hey Prof! take the wife's prius out and see if it will go into nuetral at high speeds or at WOT!!!

FastSRT19 said:
Yup! And others wont let you shift to park, neutral, or too low of a gear at high speed or throttle position also, to protect the drivetrain...Our Charger patrol car won't. Ask me how i know. :D :D :D
What he said....

FastSRT19 said:

How do you know?:dontknow: :D

At about 70MPH under WOT, i opened the in-car computer's screen, and bumped the shifter (mounted on the steering column in Charger Patrol Vehicles) into reverse...nothing happened, the trans stayed in drive until i pulled over and stopped, it then shifted into reverse. I needed a new pair of shorts, since the car was spankin' new at the time.:p

The car is equipped with some sort of safety that wont allow the trans to shift into neutral or reverse under certain conditions...

the car is diesgned to protect it self (not shifting into reverse over 10 mph or so) the problem with toyota ISNT A ELECTRICAL issue its a diesgn issue. i have heard from sever credible people in the industry as to the problem...

toyota only uses 1 potentiomiter( the piece the gas pedel attaches to, that converts the motion of your foot to a electrical signal) everyone else uses 2 and a way to conferm the signal. if these signals dont match, the car go into a safe mode (no full thottle, 2nd gear limit)

toyota also does not have a brake interlock switch, where you step on the brake, the car goes into a idle state.

theres just a bunch of things toyota did to cut costs and its biteing them in the a$$ big time

Smokey said:
the car is diesgned to protect it self (not shifting into reverse over 10 mph or so) the problem with toyota ISNT A ELECTRICAL issue its a diesgn issue. i have heard from sever credible people in the industry as to the problem...

toyota only uses 1 potentiomiter( the piece the gas pedel attaches to, that converts the motion of your foot to a electrical signal) everyone else uses 2 and a way to conferm the signal. if these signals dont match, the car go into a safe mode (no full thottle, 2nd gear limit)

toyota also does not have a brake interlock switch, where you step on the brake, the car goes into a idle state.

theres just a bunch of things toyota did to cut costs and its biteing them in the a$$ big time

Im surprised that they would be allowed to do this? We all know potentiometers fail, not a question of if but when. Theyre a bunch of dumbasses if this is the case.

It must be the throttle by wire deal with an electric motor adjusting the throttle blade based on the Throttle Postition Sensor input and either the TPS are faulty or the Drive by wire motor electrical are faulty.:dontknow:

The throttle and the transmission is fly by wire...Toyota has put out the following guidance: "Drivers who experience sudden acceleration should put the transmission into neutral, he says. They should not pump the brakes. “If you put it into neutral, you will retain full steering and full braking capability. This will save your life.”"

I have to believe that those that do not think to put the car in neutral, are just mentally challenged.

Prof said:
The throttle and the transmission is fly by wire...Toyota has put out the following guidance: "Drivers who experience sudden acceleration should put the transmission into neutral, he says. They should not pump the brakes. “If you put it into neutral, you will retain full steering and full braking capability. This will save your life.â€￾"

I have to believe that those that do not think to put the car in neutral, are just mentally challenged.

what about the casses where the car will not allow you to shit into nuetral?

Smokey said:
what about the casses where the car will not allow you to shit into nuetral?

i don't know what you do when your driving but DAMN

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back