Traction Bar question

studerman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Tony's leveling kit for the 06 QC and the TractionBars. However, I have a binding sound when ever i initially accelerate? Any ideas? The springs are lined up in the correct slots and grooves,bolts tightened...i just dont know what else to do, its only the drivers side :dontknow: :dontknow:

wish i could help, i have yet to install a pair... i hope to soon. most seem to have minor problems but usually get it taken care of and love them....

Are these Cal Tracs???? Several people have posted up about this or a similar problem ---maybe try a search ----i think is is a simple fix....

I have heard Cal Tracs do make some noise, however I do not own a set. I have Moe's Traction bars (slapper bars).

Bring it over to Taliban Dan's house tomorrow and we can look at them. (Warner Robins)

Thanks Jim,

I did search but most post were about the clanking of the Caltrac's mine clank going over speed bumps, and holes, and what nots, i figured that was part of the deal... this is like a bind when you begin to accelerate... like the springs are creaking when the weight of the truck shifts.

@ Bone: I dont think I can do it tomorrow... would Next weekend work? How far from Lowe Toyota are you guys? I bought a car from them not to long ago.

studerman said:
Thanks Jim,

I did search but most post were about the clanking of the Caltrac's mine clank going over speed bumps, and holes, and what nots, i figured that was part of the deal... this is like a bind when you begin to accelerate... like the springs are creaking when the weight of the truck shifts.

@ Bone: I dont think I can do it tomorrow... would Next weekend work? How far from Lowe Toyota are you guys? I bought a car from them not to long ago.

Less than a mile.

I will be working next weekend, but Taliban Dan will not.

I had a similar sound with mine too... emphasis on HAD.

Some of it might have to do with how tight the bars are, but I think a lot of that noise is coming from the rollers, either their rubbing on the springs, or the roller itself.

I got some Silicone lube and sprayed everything down, and Tony sent me some hard plastic "pads" to put under the rollers... no more noise!! The only sound that comes from the back end now is when I hit a bump, I get the clank, but not as bad as it used to be.

sounds good, ill have to make sure to get them from Tony so I can bug him about getting the pads with it

Back