Trade black wheels for polished?

MassRiper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my truck it came with the factory wheels painted matte black....does anyone possibly have a set of wheels they are considering to paint black and just wanna do a swap? Or does anyone know how hard it would be to strip my wheels and re polish them?

If your wheels are straight then I would just either sand or walnut blast them. Also, don't bother going polished... if you're going to do it, do it right and have them chromed. I'm pretty sure there is a place in Oxford, MA that does chrome. I even think they offer different quality levels like "show chrome" etc...

It is buy no means going to be cheap to re-polish them as I'll guarantee that if your wheels are painted they stripped off all the coating and polish underneath to assure the black wouldn't peel off.

When I bought my truck it came with the factory wheels painted matte black....does anyone possibly have a set of wheels they are considering to paint black and just wanna do a swap? Or does anyone know how hard it would be to strip my wheels and re polish them?

Where are you from? Mine are the factory polished. I just plastidipped them black because I want black wheels but dont have the money or time to get them powdercoated. Are they painted or powdercoated?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We can talk at one of the bass pro cruises, , been thinking of what to possibly do for wheels down the road.

We can talk at one of the bass pro cruises, , been thinking of what to possibly do for wheels down the road.

I may be struck by lightning for saying this as I love the factory wheels and think that they look amazing, BUT I'm almost ready to look into some 20" wheels just to open a whole new realm of tire sizes... My biggest problem is that I feel like 22's fit the contour of the big wheel wells the best and am afraid that 20's will look to small. Although I have already been peeking at some Giovanna wheels that I love....

I may be struck by lightning for saying this as I love the factory wheels and think that they look amazing, BUT I'm almost ready to look into some 20" wheels just to open a whole new realm of tire sizes... My biggest problem is that I feel like 22's fit the contour of the big wheel wells the best and am afraid that 20's will look to small. Although I have already been peeking at some Giovanna wheels that I love....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Don't do it!

LMAO, sorry guys. I know I know, I probably won't. I really just want some tires that really bite on the street!

I have a set I would trade you, but two of mine have some curb rash on them.
I'm in eastern MA. PM if interested.

Actually on that note... Will, I moved to North Brookfield last Saturday. Hit me up!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back