Trade Ram for GTS?

Stealth Rider

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have an 05 Yellow Fever Regular cab with 18,000 miles on it. I was recently approached by a fellow who has an 01 GTS ACR with 16,000 miles on it who was interested in trading plus a little cash on my end. Both the truck and acr are in excellent condition, and he has mentioned the truck plus 9k cash would make the deal happen. What do you guys think about this? Is 9k plus the truck a fair deal on my end? The viper would be awesome to have, just don't want to end up overpaying for it...

It took you longer to type this post than it would have taken me to hand him my keys!!!

9 seems kinda high to me for a 2nd gen, but then again I wouldn't let my truck go for anything less than a 3rd gen.

ACR ...go for it. Good luck with your decision.

Sounds like a killer deal to me!!! Almost too good. IMO I believe that I would want someone to go over the GTS with a fine toothed comb! But that is just me!

Post 2000 gen II's dont really interest me... unless you plan on going into the engine. You're better off with a 98 with forged pistons or hold out for a gen III. I MAY sound stupid but I didn't even know they made an ACR in 01??

You better close the deal before he changes his mind. His car will bring $40K +.

Agreed

Your truck = low to mid 20's
His car = high 30's low 40's (see some in the high 40s low 50's)

Just have it all check out and run a carfax. If all seems well, do it if you want a car. If not, keep the truck.

Last edited:
Agreed

Your truck = low to mid 20's
His car = high 30's low 40's

Just have it all check out and run a carfax. If all seems well, do it if you want a car. If not, keep the truck.

Agree, Thing you want the most is a carfax.

I would consider what you can get for your truck compared to what you can get for the Viper!!The Viper without a doubt will hold its value better!! Did you counter offer?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back