Tranny issue?

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem under high petal to the floor boost going balls out shifting into third? I mean IT will not let me shift into third but 4th is fine. Under normal driving conditions or low boost no problems??? What could be wrong with my tranny, and its not driver error, im sure of it!:D

Even have a B&M shifter upgrade too.

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
Anyone else have a problem under high petal to the floor boost going balls out shifting into third? I mean IT will not let me shift into third but 4th is fine. Under normal driving conditions or low boost no problems??? What could be wrong with my tranny, and its not driver error, im sure of it!:D

Even have a B&M shifter upgrade too.
Skip shift eliminator if that is not by passed or diabled It goes by RPMS if you miss that little window you gonna have to shift to 4 I bought a skip shift elimanator and it works good just have to remember what site it was.

yea i just saw this, i didnt think so but im wondering if the tune i have currently might be part of the reason since the whole truck is one finely tuned machine, im wondering if there is a eliminator put in or someone set the tranny settings to not wanna shift at very high rpms ...... im at a loss currently and have never dealt with something like this before, might have the shifter taken out and replaced back in to check it out hmmmm.

send a pm to rottin Ronnie, I think he figured out the same problem, you also might check the governor solonoid also

Stinker said:
send a pm to rottin Ronnie, I think he figured out the same problem, you also might check the governor solonoid also

hey Stinker...........its a RC:burnout:

Mike, are you still on the stock clutch and hydraulics? I could not powershift mine until I replaced the hydraulics with Justins Viper kit, can hit it every time now.

dang , thanks bro, its been a doozy of a day:eek:

hmm, well if thats the case, then he could have a messed up shift fork.

but I would loosen the shifter base, realign things then tighten , check that,
then if that dont do it, bleed the system and refill with good fluid. if not that, then................get an automatic:D

is it just 3rd gear? i've read about some kind of "third gear lockout"...i.e. under full throttle, there's some sort of electronic controller maybe that curtails the shifter movement...i don't know the validity of this idea, but i do know that when i first got my truck, and was "learning" how it fealt (cuz we all know it's not quite the same as your bracket racer), and after dynoing the truck i noticed that i was shifting late based on the hp and tq numbers...needless to say, i shift around 48-5000 rpms, and i've never missed a gear since (had it 18 months...long enough to know)....again, i don't know the validity of the "lockout", but hennessey (of course) sells some kind of something to "prevent" that...don't know if that helps...or could just be some brass in the trans

Last edited:
FATJACK said:
Mike, are you still on the stock clutch and hydraulics? I could not powershift mine until I replaced the hydraulics, can hit it every time now.
what jack said. :)

upgrade your hydraulics with the viper master/slave & centerforce clutch combo will help significantly.... jmb or roe has a kit. :)

hey fellers, just got a chance to logg innnn

upgrade check, got the hydro master/slave from an gts viper installed, got the clutch too done about 4/5 months ago

havent had a chance to take the shifter off yet will attempt this weekend to check that.

Might be a ever so slightly bent fork im thinkin though at this point

viperhauler said:
is it just 3rd gear? i've read about some kind of "third gear lockout"...i.e. under full throttle, there's some sort of electronic controller maybe that curtails the shifter movement...i don't know the validity of this idea, but i do know that when i first got my truck, and was "learning" how it fealt (cuz we all know it's not quite the same as your bracket racer), and after dynoing the truck i noticed that i was shifting late based on the hp and tq numbers...needless to say, i shift around 48-5000 rpms, and i've never missed a gear since (had it 18 months...long enough to know)....again, i don't know the validity of the "lockout", but hennessey (of course) sells some kind of something to "prevent" that...don't know if that helps...or could just be some brass in the trans

now thats interesting cause due to my power im normally hitting around 5500 rpms and 5800 between shifts:D, gonna have to ask my tech about this one?:confused:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back