Tranny problem

B.Piceland

Reaction score
Hi guys, this here is my first write here on this great fourum.

I have a 2005 quad cab wich is driven 11000 miles

About a 1000 miles ago i did a full transmission rebuild. I went for the ramzilla upgrade which is You get the Alto Red Eagle master rebuild kit, extreme duty brass impregnated carbon fiber flex band, Transgo 48RE Shift Kit, performance 3-4 accumulator spring, heavy duty Sonnax low / reverse servo, Sonnax heavy duty / no leak intermediate servo cover, full time torque converter fluid feed valve, heavy duty intermediate band apply strut, Sonnax 300M input shaft, 10 overdrive clutches, all extra clutches needed for the buildup - 2 forward clutches and 2 steels, 1 overdrive brake clutch and steel with thin backing plate, deep cast aluminum pan and one thin forward backing plate. The torque converter will be a full size triple clutch billet converter. And i went with 500 stall over stock

I did the whole work myself and boy was I happy with the results. It shifted great, was real firm. Then 1000 miles after this i loaned the car to a friend of mine and when i got it back it was acting real strange. When it gets in second gear it just revs up real high and then it goes into third but if you go full throttle it just rev to the limit and does not shift. Also it does not take reverse right away. Since this happined i did the GM govenor solinaid upgrade changed the pressure sensor, tared the valvebody to bit to check if any piston was stuck or what ever and adjusted the bands. So does any of you brilliant VTCOA guy´s have an idea that i overlooked.

Regards Not so happy SRT owner

B.Piceland said:

About a 1000 miles ago i did a full transmission rebuild. I went for the ramzilla upgrade which is You get the Alto Red Eagle master rebuild kit, extreme duty brass impregnated carbon fiber flex band, Transgo 48RE Shift Kit, performance 3-4 accumulator spring, heavy duty Sonnax low / reverse servo, Sonnax heavy duty / no leak intermediate servo cover, full time torque converter fluid feed valve, heavy duty intermediate band apply strut, Sonnax 300M input shaft, 10 overdrive clutches, all extra clutches needed for the buildup - 2 forward clutches and 2 steels, 1 overdrive brake clutch and steel with thin backing plate, deep cast aluminum pan and one thin forward backing plate. The torque converter will be a full size triple clutch billet converter. And i went with 500 stall over stock

I did the whole work myself and boy was I happy with the results. It shifted great, was real firm. Then 1000 miles after this i loaned the car to a friend of mine and when i got it back it was acting real strange. When it gets in second gear it just revs up real high and then it goes into third but if you go full throttle it just rev to the limit and does not shift. Also it does not take reverse right away. Since this happined i did the GM govenor solinaid upgrade changed the pressure sensor, tared the valvebody to bit to check if any piston was stuck or what ever and adjusted the bands. So does any of you brilliant VTCOA guy´s have an idea that i overlooked.

IMO you need to ask whoever you loaned it to, what they did. They messed something up. Sounds like you lost a gear to me.

dotn think he is too much a friend, most likley beat the crap outta your truck doing burnouts and burnt second gear up, pull the pan, see if you have exessive material in the pan, if so , do another rebuild, send him the bill

your freind needs to fess up....Sounds like he/she was definatly abusing your truck......Maybe Dusty will chime in or send him a pm /call him --he will get you started on the right track I'm sure....Someone here has his contact number I'm sure???
HTS transmissions

Last edited:
THX guy´s for the pitch in. Damn hope that´s not the case that the second gear is burned up, I think of it this way, they state that the ramzillia stuff is to hold 750hp but my truck is stock so if he was able to fry in the three hours he had the truck I think I messed something up in the assembly.

B.Piceland said:

About a 1000 miles ago i did a full transmission rebuild. I went for the ramzilla upgrade which is You get the Alto Red Eagle master rebuild kit, extreme duty brass impregnated carbon fiber flex band, Transgo 48RE Shift Kit, performance 3-4 accumulator spring, heavy duty Sonnax low / reverse servo, Sonnax heavy duty / no leak intermediate servo cover, full time torque converter fluid feed valve, heavy duty intermediate band apply strut, Sonnax 300M input shaft, 10 overdrive clutches, all extra clutches needed for the buildup - 2 forward clutches and 2 steels, 1 overdrive brake clutch and steel with thin backing plate, deep cast aluminum pan and one thin forward backing plate. The torque converter will be a full size triple clutch billet
converter. And i went with 500 stall over stock

Your friend ever tell you what they did to mess up your trans?

B.Piceland said:

About a 1000 miles ago i did a full transmission rebuild.

here is what the book says:

Attachments

• AUTO TRANS SRT 001.jpg
    AUTO TRANS SRT 001.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back