trans option?

supercar1of1 said:

GearVendors is a no go with our trucks. Has to do with the CPU.:(
Must throw the speed sensor off. Does the trans have speed sensors also or just in the rear? I know the 545fe has them in both.

OSO said:
Must throw the speed sensor off. Does the trans have speed sensors also or just in the rear? I know the 545fe has them in both.

I don't recall where the speed sensor(s) are but I spent a long time with their tech people but to no avail.:(

supercar1of1 said:
I don't recall where the speed sensor(s) are but I spent a long time with their tech people but to no avail.:(
Its the same trans that's in the diesel correct?

The trans is not the issue, it's the computer that matters, but yes I believe it is the type used in a diesel.

supercar1of1 said:
The trans is not the issue, it's the computer that matters, but yes I believe it is the type used in a diesel.
Right i was asking because they said they make them for the diesels with success, I have that conversation every time i talk to them about why i keep killing the od unit in my truck. It must just be the speed sensors throwing codes.

OSO said:
Right i was asking because they said they make them for the diesels with success, I have that conversation every time i talk to them about why i keep killing the od unit in my truck. It must just be the speed sensors throwing codes.

Just our luck!:mad:

Just curious but could we adapt a ford diesel torque shift auto tranny in our truck. I loved that tranny! Super firm and solid and from my understanding it uses a way different method of shifting over the lousy 48re?? I know guys running 700 hp with no mods to the torq shift trans.

kickinassrt-10 said:
Just curious but could we adapt a ford diesel torque shift auto tranny in our truck. I loved that tranny! Super firm and solid and from my understanding it uses a way different method of shifting over the lousy 48re?? I know guys running 700 hp with no mods to the torq shift trans.

I had been working on adapting the 4R100 w/GearVenders, but will hold off now since Dodge is working with TCI on the 6spd Auto.

If that dodge tranny is anything like this 48re than good luck! I'd be happy with the 4 spd torq shift...it's a beast of a transmission and can handle power well. I'm interested in the 6spd. Is it a newly designed trans or a remake of a current model? The only thing I like about the 48re is that 4 gear shift on the hwy while mashing it!!!!!

supercar1of1 said:
Go to TCI's web sight.:rock:

So looking at the link given in the first post, looks like the auto guys would need to turn off all of the trans controls to use that trans since it uses a tci controller.

What exactly is TCI and dodge coming up with????

So this will be a direct replacement for our trucks????? Where can I get more info about this?

supercar1of1 said:
A 6speed HD auto trans for our trucks.

Hate to break it to you guys but this is what I got from them:

Robert,
The 6X is rated at 850 hp and 850 tq. The 6X has only the GM bolt pattern and we have no plans of making it for the viper.
Thank you
Lowell Poff
TCI Automotive
151 industrial Dr.
Ashland MS 38603
888-776-9824 ext. 333

Now maybe he forgot about SRT-10 RAMs?

I've been doing a lot of research on this myself lately, albeit, for a RC. You have to remember that normal transmission on the market like the Keisler style kits and TCI ratings don't "really" count for us, we have 5,100lbs of Ram and that does make a big difference, ad in good hp and the trans will be under more pressure than a normal car with the same hp ratings. Like anything, if you are serious about what you want and if it's going behind good power (at least 600rwhp) then it's best to get one spec-ed to suit your needs (custom made). If you want a hard shifting auto that will last, search around. I'm getting a 4L80E built by one of the best builders around, Carl Rossler. It's basically a TH400 with an OD, around 75% of the parts interchange so it's performance capabilities and strength are very good.

Donato Engineering, LLC, make an adapter kit to suit all our trucks. They consist of: Block Adaptor Plate, Flywheel Assembly (SFI rated), Crankshaft Adaptor, All fasteners and dowel pins - $2,295. Carl has different versions, Terminator 1 through to 4. 3 is rated at 1,600hp (fly) and the Terminator 4 is rated at 2,000hp (fly). He is well known and trusted. I'll get it built with all the bells and whistles including a hybrid manual valve body set up. I want a hard shifting stout piece while still having the luxury of an OD. With my 32.80 (305/45) rear meats, 4.56 and the 4L80Es 0.75 4th ratio I will be doing 2,300rpm @ 65mph. I'm not big fan of the GVs stuff, too clunky so it's nice to have an "all-in-one" style trans like the 4L80E + 4 forward gears is sweet + torque converter lock up on switch/toggle is a nice option to have. Just another option you may want to consider. :) Good luck!

0.02c

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back