Transmission fluid and filter question

Newfie-SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to do a drop pan fluid swap. I'm very limited on parts in my area. What I could get my hands on today was a car quest trans filter and Quaker state aft+4 synthetic blend 6 quarts and I have easy access to cheap ATF+4 to finish top up if I should do that 6 was all they had in stock. Read on here I need 8-9 but parts store said 4

My plan is to use this stuff and after 10000km swap it out for full synthetic Mobil 1 or RP and a dodge filter.

Just switch to 6speed while your down there. Save yourself the trouble

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Just bought the truck not ready to dish out the cash for 6speed conversion yet. It's going to cost me close to 10k to do it. That's half what I paid for the truck lol if I can find a wrecked reg cab I'll start getting the parts needed until the slush box gives out

Just bought the truck not ready to dish out the cash for 6speed conversion yet. It's going to cost me close to 10k to do it. That's half what I paid for the truck lol if I can find a wrecked reg cab I'll start getting the parts needed until the slush box gives out

Nah not that much bud. You can also sell off that 48re to recoup some cash ;)
You could be from 5-6k depending on tranny and other parts used. :burnout:

Changed fluid. Took 6 quarts still about 3 low will top up. But my issue is when cold at low throttle it will hunt/surge 1st to 2nd gear like 1-2-1-2 and feel almost a slipping.

So thought it was my fluid and filter but changed that and still same. No better no worst

Next step?

Adjust bands or change governor pressure sensor/ solenoid?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back