Transmission Fluid Flush

ViperPoweredRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i was wondering, when was the first time that you had the trany fluid flushed? i have a QC and i now have 15000 miles, and it is going to be in the shop getting the oil changed. so i thought about having the trany fluid flushed to. Thanks for any help.

Sheldon

I wanna say that 15000 miles is the scheduled maintenance for the tranny according to the manual. Check your manual

If you do a lot of driving and drag racing Change it at 15 k. If you drive it Occasionaly 30K. And I'm not making this up thats what it says in the Srt 10 owners manual. And don't forget to get those bands adjusted also at 15k according to the owners manual:rock:

Annu Kumar said:
If you do a lot of driving and drag racing Change it at 15 k. If you drive it Occasionaly 30K. And I'm not making this up thats what it says in the Srt 10 owners manual. And don't forget to get those bands adjusted also at 15k according to the owners manual:rock:

I would bet that the words "drag racing" are not in the owners manual. And from my perspective, a lot of driving and occasional driving... oh never mind, I obviously spent too many years correcting term papers.

Roy

ViperPoweredRam said:
Hey everyone, i was wondering, when was the first time that you had the trany fluid flushed? i have a QC and i now have 15000 miles, and it is going to be in the shop getting the oil changed. so i thought about having the trany fluid flushed to. Thanks for any help.

Sheldon

I had 32,000 miles on my '05 QC. The fluid was a normal colour but the bands had stretched (according to the tech) and needed adjusting.

maintenance service schedule b says to drain and refill and replace trans filter @ 15,000 but to check every 3,000 miles.

I'm gonna do mine as soon as i get back to Florida, I am at 25K right now.

ANd Mutt doesn't know it, but he's gonna help!!

if it's an auto, you should be getting your regularly scheduled band replacement every 10K! :-D it's free and fluid change comes with!

AWDisuzu said:
if it's an auto, you should be getting your regularly scheduled band replacement every 10K! :-D it's free and fluid change comes with!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Fluid replacement at the least every 15k, and AWD is right guys, those bands are very very criticle to stay on top of:rock:

Prof said:
I would bet that the words "drag racing" are not in the owners manual. And from my perspective, a lot of driving and occasional driving... oh never mind, I obviously spent too many years correcting term papers.

Roy

Hey Prof read your Srt Log book and it Does Say Drag racing for sure!!:rock:

Annu Kumar said:
Hey Prof read your Srt Log book and it Does Say Drag racing for sure!!:rock:

It's against all man rules to read instructions, or ask for directions.

And I don't know what an SRT Log Book is...??

Last edited:
Throw on a Mag-Tech (or similar) tranny pan while you are at it.

AWDisuzu said:

Free!? My stealership said I didn't need to even adjust them!!

:mad::mad:

yea, that's ok. they will have to replace them instead once they start slipping. if 2nd gear isn't slipping yet, you're driving it too soft!

ntw0rk said:
Free!? My stealership said I didn't need to even adjust them!!

:mad::mad:

well thanks for all of the help, i will be sure to tell them to adjust the bands.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back