Tree Sap and Spots on Paint, Please HELP.

HDVIPER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of the best way to remove tree sap and water spots from my car? :dontknow: :confused: :confused: :confused: :dontknow: TIA

HDVIPER said:
Anybody know of the best way to remove tree sap and water spots from my car? :dontknow: :confused: :confused: :confused: :dontknow: TIA

ZAINO CLAY BAR ...........Use the Clay Bar (Z-18), although this seems to be the most intimidating part of the process, you can clay your entire car in about 15 minutes and here’s how it works. After washing, leave your car super-wet and pull vehicle into a covered garage. Prepare a spray bottle with one cap full of Z-7 for every 12 ounces of water, this will be the lubricant used when rubbing the clay bar on your car. The clay bar runs over you car like your using a bar of soap on your body when you’re in the shower (sans the bubbles and foam). Place the Clay Bar in your hand and while the car is wet, gently rubbing back and forth in one direction, in a straight line (no circles), it should slide easily across the paint, if not, immediately spray the location you’re working on using the pre-mixed Z-7 solution in the spray bottle. As you rub, you will quickly get the hang of using the clay bar. If you’re unsure, begin by claying the roof of the car. Also you may notice that sometimes you come across spots that feel sticky, those are imperfections or debris in the paint, give those areas an extra 10 seconds of rubbing (adding extra lubricant of course) and they should smooth out right away. By the time your finished the clay bar will have changed shape and may be very thin and as big as your hand, no problem. Take a look and you’ll see black lines in the bar, that’s simply the stuff plain washing can’t remove. If you drop your clay bar, the parties over, throw it away. If you know cars have lots of bugs or other problems particles, use tar remover prior to washing your car.

You can also use Mother's Cleaning and waxing compound. They sell it at autozone along with there clay bar.

I had some nasty pine zap and it all came off after letting the wax oils sip into the zap for about a minute...

If you don't have ready access to the Zaino use a bug and tar remover on the sap and some household vinegar on the water spots. Water spots are usually calcium from hard water and the acid in the vinegar will remove them. Be sure to rinse well after removing the spots.

I was told to use gasoline. Has anybody ever done that? What would be the pluses or minuses of using that? Thanks again!

HDVIPER said:
I was told to use gasoline. Has anybody ever done that? What would be the pluses or minuses of using that? Thanks again!

!!!!!!!!DO NOT USE GASOLINE ON YOUR PAINT!!!!!!

I second the suggestion about using vinegar. I parked next to a sprinkler system and the truck ended up getting soaked. It left all kinds of white water marks. Bought a quart of vinegar and with a large soft towel, I had them removed in no time. Gave it a good wash and wax shortly after.

RedSrt007 said:
Gasoline???? no way man....

Yeah, some duesch bag was trying to tell me that. :eek: I just wanted to ask the question to you guys cause I know I can trust you.:rock: This guy's a moron!!! :mad:

i am glad to hear u didnt use gas. thanks god u guys got on b4 i did. phew.....go with the Zaino clay bar and then use the zaino kit!!! best way to go.

I just got done using the Zaino Clay bar followed closely by the Z-5 (2 coats) and Z-2 with a layer of Z-6 in between.

Unbeatable system! So easy to use, and the paint FEELS smooth, and looks better!

I think water spots and Pine sap both will come off if you wash with Dawn anyway. But after using Dawn, get a coat of some kind of wax on it.

MHO

ntw0rk said:
I just got done using the Zaino Clay bar followed closely by the Z-5 (2 coats) and Z-2 with a layer of Z-6 in between.

Unbeatable system! So easy to use, and the paint FEELS smooth, and looks better!

I think water spots and Pine sap both will come off if you wash with Dawn anyway. But after using Dawn, get a coat of some kind of wax on it.

MHO

I have never known Dawn to remove water spots. Go with the vinegar for those.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back