truck acting funny

viperpwred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it feels like its choking on the highway and while idling rpms are sometimes all over the place.... truck is completely stock 40k miles, all maintenance done...any other info lemme know??? any ideas??

next were gonna need a group buy on them :D
I still have to replace mine.

wesalbert said:
next were gonna need a group buy on them :D
I still have to replace mine.

are those the symptoms you're getting.... its only once in a while not all the time

viperpwred said:
it feels like its choking on the highway and while idling rpms are sometimes all over the place.... truck is completely stock 40k miles, all maintenance done...any other info lemme know??? any ideas??

If you can actually see the tachometer going up and down, there is little doubt in my mind about going for the TPS. I have been experiencing weird issues that noone can seem to figure out and throws no check engine light. After playing with most of the sensors and seeing how they affect the engine running I can say without a doubt the TPS is going out. I bought a Autozone one and it DID NOT work, had to get MOPAR. The Autozone one did worse bobbing idle than a bad one and at one point several times I had to kill the motor as the RPMS would rise slowly but continually towards redline!:argh: :dontknow:
I still haven't figured out my issue, but a TPS I believe is the cure for you. About 45-60 bux I believe.

I'll look into that... I'll go put upa vid soon so u guys can have a better visual

Disconnect the batery for 30 min. It should take care of your problem. Until you get a new TPS.

If still under warranty they'll replace the tps sensor they replaced mine not so long ago

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back