Truck back

jsarl

Reaction score
On thurs, after 84 days I finaly get my truck back. It's late so I get my key from inside and notice that my after market alarm flob is not there, the guy says it should be in the truck and hands me the key. I had my other keys so drive off and don't think about till i get home. no flob and I notice the key looks new. Turns out they lost my keys.

Next moring leave for work at 6am, drives great, ltrying to baby because of the rebuilt motor. Stearings a little stiff, but drives great. Get to work and get a call from home at 1, saying there is a puddle of fluid were I was parked. Go out and look and there is a puddle of red fluid under the front. Get underneath and notice it is coming from the power stearing pump. So back to the dealership. Turns out when they fixed the motor in California or here, they cracked the resivior and put an after market 1 on. Today I spent 5 hours waiting on them to fix it.

So after 84 days I have a rebuilt motor, missing keys, and a $2500 bill for a rental car.

After this I will never recommend a Dodge dealership in Lewisville,TX. and in that 5 hours I was ther, I made sure every customer Italked with knew about it.

It was so bad that on my way home,I went by Chevy and all most traded in my truck on a new Z06.

jsarl said:
On thurs, after 84 days I finaly get my truck back. It's late so I get my key from inside and notice that my after market alarm flob is not there, the guy says it should be in the truck and hands me the key. I had my other keys so drive off and don't think about till i get home. no flob and I notice the key looks new. Turns out they lost my keys.

Next moring leave for work at 6am, drives great, ltrying to baby because of the rebuilt motor. Stearings a little stiff, but drives great. Get to work and get a call from home at 1, saying there is a puddle of fluid were I was parked. Go out and look and there is a puddle of red fluid under the front. Get underneath and notice it is coming from the power stearing pump. So back to the dealership. Turns out when they fixed the motor in California or here, they cracked the resivior and put an after market 1 on. Today I spent 5 hours waiting on them to fix it.

So after 84 days I have a rebuilt motor, missing keys, and a $2500 bill for a rental car.

After this I will never recommend a Dodge dealership in Lewisville,TX. and in that 5 hours I was ther, I made sure every customer Italked with knew about it.

It was so bad that on my way home,I went by Chevy and all most traded in my truck on a new Z06.

Eat 4 big bean burrittos with super hot sauce, drink 7 beers, drive by, stop right in front of the showroom, get out , drop ya draws, and take a really really bad dump:D

Then jsut drive off:p

jsarl said:

You should not have left the dealership without a rental car on there nickel!! IMO

My dealership will put you in a car if they need the car for more than 1 full day, assuming you are still under warranty!

I would take that rental bill and submit it to DC if you are still under warranty!!

Truthfully, considering what was done, a key fob and a leaky Power steering pump is no major deal!!

Last edited:
Its really sad,but these days when you deal with people you expect to be let down.And If they dont let you down you are amazed!!!!Most of the people in the american work force are not capable of doing their job and if they are capable they just dont give a shit.Thats why America is failing,because most of us dont have the same resolve as our forefathers.Sorry about your ordeal.:dontknow:

Stinker said:
Eat 4 big bean burrittos with super hot sauce, drink 7 beers, drive by, stop right in front of the showroom, get out , drop ya draws, and take a really really bad dump:D

Thats probably one of the best retaliatory measures I have heard in a long time.:D

Let us not forget,Someone has a set of keys to your truck.:dontknow:

YES on the keys. when i bought my first one the jerkyship could not find one of the keys & alarm fob. the truck was stolen about a year later. i would make them change all the locks and new key codes. get some documetion and make them sign it at least.
and congrats on gettin her back

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments.

Stinker love the idea, just might have to do it.:toilet: .The whole time i was up there on sat. I told every customer about the situation.

On the keys, what sucks, is its my after market alarm flob. they are going to call monday. I think I will have them redue the locks and make them pay to redue the alarm.

Called DC on the rental fee multiple times and got the same answer. We only will pay for 15 days rental. Going to have my lawyer send a nasty letter to the dealership on Monday.

Cleaned the truck today and noticed the from bumper is got scratches and paint chips out of it. Looks liked they laid on the concrette, front side down.

Just another reason not to go to Dodge in Lewisville.

hey jsarl,
what mods you got on your truck? its inspection sticker time for me. got the Volant, just put on the Bellengers & cat mids & magnaflow. not sure if it will pass.
ZCx

sorry to hear bro...is this the Huffines dealer of I 35?? and ZCx u can always go to south Dallas somewhere and get it inspected...if u cant find a place let me know i will ask around and see if i can find one....

lol. thats on the list. thanks. might be gettin in touch with ya. :rock: :rock:

Big B, yes it is. :mad:

As for mods, just KN drop in right now. I do have an X-Metal TB, and thermostat in the garage, ready to install, just have not decided if I'am going to keep the truck or not.

I would still like to get a 08 Z06, just can't get my self to pay $1400 a month for a car.

BJ, thanks, I have a friend of the family in El Paso that works for Dodge. He is going to run my vin on their computer and see if he can find anything that may be wrong.
He told me that he had heard from their Viper tech that some of the 04 had a problem with the motors and that Dodge knew about it, but did not do a recall, just fixed the problem ones when needed.

Stinker said:

Thats a great idea Stinker. Except I would make one small change. Go into service dept. and climb up on service manager desk and take a huge shit. Then get in your truck and drive away.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back