Truck Bed???

BADBLACKSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinkin about what I want to do with the bed on my 05 RC. I was leaning toward a nice tonneau cover but everybody has one of those. I go to a lot of hotrod shows and am a big fan. Most of the hotrod pickups have wooden planked floors. They look sharp and they also look fairly easy to install. Has anyone, on this site, put one in a 10? I would sure like to see some pics and hear some feedback on this idea.
Dale

Attachments

• Show%20Deck%202006.jpg
    Show%20Deck%202006.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 358
All my trucks that were old enough to have wooden bed floors were a pain. I remember being excited when I finally got a truck with a steel bed floor in it.

have the same idea.

think it would look sweet in black walnut plywood, polished stainless steel strips & bolts. bout 3 coats of clear. tail gate to match. with a bed rug to spruce up the sides of the bed.

:rock::rock::rock:

I like the idea... My first truck had a wooden bed, think they look a hell of a lot better than ..... painted metal

Now theres an idea, That would look pretty clean(and prevent scratches)

maybe install it right over the bed rug....

imvho, would sit too high. that kit looks to be a bit on the high side for what i have an idea on.

imvho, would sit too high. that kit looks to be a bit on the high side for what i have an idea on.

well it says it comes with a protective pad...i'll just scrap that and put it over the bedrug,which is only 1/4" thick at the most:dontknow:

My buddy made one in his Dakota and did it over the bedrug looks good done like that...did thin laminate and had the strips...

My buddy made one in his Dakota and did it over the bedrug looks good done like that...did thin laminate and had the strips...

thats the line i was thinkin along:rock::rock::rock:

something close to this

Attachments

• F6980186.jpg
    F6980186.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 42
I am a Cornwell tool dealer and I have a customer that does restores on older pickups. He has some old parts laying around that with a little TLC, and some rechroming, could look nice. I will probably go with some kind of dark stain and many many coats of poly. Oak will probably be my first choice because it is tight grained and tough. Not that I plan on hauling anything and scratching it up.. I belong to Goodguys and this months feature story has a 64 Chevy C10 with exactly the kind of flooring that I want. I like having a pickup with an open bed. It may as well look sharp as well. I will update as I go along!

I think if it is done right it would look really cool. If a guy cut the existing bed out and put in the proper rails along the sides for the wood to mount to like in the old days. Adding it over the existing floor, I'm not too sure about that. Although I've never seen it done, maybe it looks alright?

that would be the best way to do it for sure:rock:

I think if it is done right it would look really cool. If a guy cut the existing bed out and put in the proper rails along the sides for the wood to mount to like in the old days. Adding it over the existing floor, I'm not too sure about that. Although I've never seen it done, maybe it looks alright?

I hear ya. I am going to look at it both ways. I am going to make damn sure I am sold on it before I go cutting the bed out of my truck though.

Ew cutting out the bed seems like a lot of effort even for a Garage Queen. Either way to get the boards to stay down you're looking at bolting down through the bed. Sounds good in theory, not convinced the effect would be worth the time and effort. Good luck with the build though, that will make for a unique SRT10

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back