Truck buy update

not true, when you sign up, you give then your vin number. right there tells what you drive.

thats on them then.

Yup. That's correct. You're actually not as dumb as I thought you were.:D

If It's not a daily driver,go with haggerty or grundy.I pay 630.00 a year,no deductable and will receive 30,000 if totaled
Things have changed with Grundy, from what I understand. I have Grundy insurance on my 10. But apparently, when it comes time for my renewal, Grundy requires you to have at least four cars on your policy now. I was told, it could be all the cars in your household, collector or not.
As long as it would allow me to drive on the street then it's perfect.

Yes you can. When you apply for the coverage, they will send you questionare. One of the questions they ask you, is how you'll be using the vehicle.
I told them, that I would use it a couple times a week to drive to work, as my drive is only 5 miles. And the occasional pleasure drive on weekends. Oh and Grundy, has no restrictions on miles.

I am insured through USAA. Its listed as an SRT-10 Ram. I never told them that, just gave the VIN and thats how it came up. I pay ~$95-100 a month for it for full coverage $250 deductible rental and towing. I am 27 and a clean record.

Things have changed with Grundy, from what I understand. I have Grundy insurance on my 10. But apparently, when it comes time for my renewal, Grundy requires you to have at least four cars on your policy now. I was told, it could be all the cars in your household, collector or not.
Doesn't sound like a very good business move on their part.I'm with haggerty by the way....

I was looking at Hagerty's website but they require my daily driver be no more than 5 years old, which it isn't so they won't work but I'll keep looking, and it sounds like Grundy is out of the question too.

I was looking at Hagerty's website but they require my daily driver be no more than 5 years old, which it isn't so they won't work but I'll keep looking, and it sounds like Grundy is out of the question too.

Strange....I drive a 92 Honda civic to work.

Strange....I drive a 92 Honda civic to work.

Copy and paste from:
Newer Vehicles: limited production, exotic & special interest

Newer Vehicles: limited production, exotic & special interest

Low production numbers, sports cars, and special edition vehicles are characteristics of 1990 and newer vehicles we consider a fit for our program.

The following guidelines apply for newer vehicles:

Vehicle must be in excellent condition
Minimum value
1990’s vehicles - $10,000
2000 and newer - $15,000
Your regular-use vehicle must be
No more than ten years old when insuring a 1990’s vehicle
No more than five years old when insuring a 2000 and newer vehicle

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details