Truck is gone

Hope everything gets taken care of for you !!! They thought someone would just abandon one of these trucks,what friggin MORONS !!!!:mad:

yeah...that's it...cuz...you know...people just up and abandon $50k trucks all the time:confused: right?

depending on the insurance carrier, it could be great!....hell, i got 10k for a 4k truck last year;) with gmac....

good luck!....

viperhauler said:
yeah...that's it...cuz...you know...people just up and abandon $50k trucks all the time:confused: right?

Well.. if it hasn't been put into the system as stolen then what else are you supposed to do with it?

I'm glad you got your truck back albeit its trashed. Most around here don't show back up.

Ians Wife Here

Hey guys, thought I would come on and give an update on the truck. First, Ian didnt let me borrow the truck y'all!!!!!! That truck was bought for ME! :p Yes, I did have the alarm on and the doors locked. I don't know how they did it, but they managed to get it without setting off the alarm and I don't believe the cranked it in the driveway simply for the fact I was sleeping on a couch right by the window that is by the driveway I was parked in. My truck was right there at the window.

Anyway, Phenix City cops suck. They don't want to be any more than secretaries filling out paperwork. It was found about 7:30 am that morning. When I called it was 9:30 am. The crackheads that stole it (yes, really, crackheads, the impound man said he could smell where they had been smoking crack in the truck) had gone up to an old abandoned hospital just down the road from my friends house and done burn outs. It looks like they were pulling out of the parking lot back onto the road and punched it and it got away from them (too much power for crackheads to handle) and lost the rear end and it slammed into the curb, so hard, that it broke the wheel off the axle.

When I went to the impound I expected body damage too, but amazingly when the wheel snapped off the axle sat down into the backside of the wheel flat on the ground, so that kept it from cracking up the body.

They saw fit to punch the radio face in and of course messed up the ignition. They went through EVERYTHING, papers scattered everywhere, they even went through the toys in the bed of the truck that I had brought down for my friends baby daughter. There were a million prints on there, you know there was.

So anyway, cops called, they came and made the report, and when I asked about fingerprints they came up with the excuse that the investigator for that was off today, I am like, SOOOO, get him down here anyway. They said it couldnt be done, and that the vehicle was compromised anyway, since the impound/wrecker people had touched the truck. BS, because, when I told them this, they said no, thats not true, that they had their fingerprints on file for that very reason. Bottom line, the cops don't want to do any REAL police work.

So I guess you can go out and steal an expensive truck and joy ride, crash it, and get away with it..isnt that just nice. :mad:

I read about what Ian was saying about the insurance, but so far they have been very cooperative and for the most part on top of things, they are being slow to get an adjuster out to the dealer we left the truck with.

Hopefully things will be okay and return to normal in a couple of weeks.

I dont know why that mad face is up on the header, sorry about that!

Yeah, that is what I told the cops...I asked them if they ran the tags, they said yes, and it didnt come back stolen. I then said to him, do you really think I would leave a fifty thousand dollar truck in the middle of the road three hours from home? He just looked at me. What a dummy.

So Ian...if she drives the SRT 10, are you relegated to the Prius like me?

Prof said:
So Ian...if she drives the SRT 10, are you relegated to the Prius like me?

Prof, is your Prius " baby blue " ? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nooooo LOL

Kelly again, his wife...he drives an MX5, yes he crams his big 6 foot 4 frame into that tiny little car, of his own choosing! He likes the truck too though, just not a good commuter vehicle into Atlanta and back ya know.

ok so he craming in one of these ????

MAZDA%20MX5%20SPORT.jpg

im 6'5" 273lbs aint NOWAY im gettin in there :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yep, except

it is red. I have a picture I took of his car next to the truck, but I haven't loaded it onto the computer yet, but will have to post it when I do. Its not just a regular chick car now, its not a Miata, its and MX5. ;)

ianmaiden said:
it is red. I have a picture I took of his car next to the truck, but I haven't loaded it onto the computer yet, but will have to post it when I do. Its not just a regular chick car now, its not a Miata, its and MX5. ;)

ok - your gonna have to load up the pic, and post it up now, with his azz in it :D :D :D :D :D :D

Click on the pics

above in the previous post, the other one is of the brokenness of my truck. :(

Kelly/ Ian,
Again I am so sorry for the problems. I am sure it sucks, but hopefully they'll get her fixed up for ya. Bethany is beside herself after seeing the picture and wishes you well.:(

Take care and keep us posted...

Okay, after seeing that first pic....someone may be giving up their Man card for a couple of weeks. :D J/K, hope everything works out for you guys.

ianmaiden said:
Hey guys, thought I would come on and give an update on the truck. First, Ian didnt let me borrow the truck y'all!!!!!! That truck was bought for ME! :p Yes, I did have the alarm on and the doors locked. I don't know how they did it, but they managed to get it without setting off the alarm and I don't believe the cranked it in the driveway simply for the fact I was sleeping on a couch right by the window that is by the driveway I was parked in. My truck was right there at the window.

Anyway, Phenix City cops suck. They don't want to be any more than secretaries filling out paperwork. It was found about 7:30 am that morning. When I called it was 9:30 am. The crackheads that stole it (yes, really, crackheads, the impound man said he could smell where they had been smoking crack in the truck) had gone up to an old abandoned hospital just down the road from my friends house and done burn outs. It looks like they were pulling out of the parking lot back onto the road and punched it and it got away from them (too much power for crackheads to handle) and lost the rear end and it slammed into the curb, so hard, that it broke the wheel off the axle.

When I went to the impound I expected body damage too, but amazingly when the wheel snapped off the axle sat down into the backside of the wheel flat on the ground, so that kept it from cracking up the body.

They saw fit to punch the radio face in and of course messed up the ignition. They went through EVERYTHING, papers scattered everywhere, they even went through the toys in the bed of the truck that I had brought down for my friends baby daughter. There were a million prints on there, you know there was.

So anyway, cops called, they came and made the report, and when I asked about fingerprints they came up with the excuse that the investigator for that was off today, I am like, SOOOO, get him down here anyway. They said it couldnt be done, and that the vehicle was compromised anyway, since the impound/wrecker people had touched the truck. BS, because, when I told them this, they said no, thats not true, that they had their fingerprints on file for that very reason. Bottom line, the cops don't want to do any REAL police work.

So I guess you can go out and steal an expensive truck and joy ride, crash it, and get away with it..isnt that just nice. :mad:

I read about what Ian was saying about the insurance, but so far they have been very cooperative and for the most part on top of things, they are being slow to get an adjuster out to the dealer we left the truck with.

Wow. They didn't do anything to it at all?? When we recover vehicles we have them taken to crime scene and they try to find anything on it that can be used as evidence. More times then naught, they can't but they still try. The investigator excuse is just that. An excuse. There is more than one property detective that works at a department like that. About the abandoned thing.. there isn't a whole lot the police can do about it. I found a nice SL500 just parked(blocking both lanes parked) in the middle of the street before. Our dispatch was able to find their home number and they informed us that it wasn't stolen and to have it impounded. :dontknow: We don't know why someone would leave a nice car just sitting somewhere and we can't do jack about it if it isn't reported stolen.

Sorry about the damage but at least you got lucky with the wheel catching the truck and no body damage..

Hopefully the Ins Co will do you right and have you up and running soon. Hang in there, we are with you ..... :)

ianmaiden said:

cops are useless unless its going to get them promoted or in the paper. they dont want to waste time on a stolen car. my apartment got robbed when i live in the city, they didn't want to do anything.

"ops are useless unless its going to get them promoted or in the paper. they dont want to waste time on a stolen car. my apartment got robbed when i live in the city, they didn't want to do anything."

The essence of stereotypical rationalization (I almost used the word 'thinking' but that would have been a careless choice of words).

You understand that generalization from a specific instance to a general comment is the illogical, right?

It's easy to criticize, but very hard to imagine a society like ours without LEO's. Every time I see a uniformed officer, I express my appreciation for what they are willing to do.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back