truck not getting gas?

'05 & '06 are R.H. (passenger side) bout mid block. by the pan rail.

'04 i think back by the rear of the block???

this help????

click on the photo after ya click on the photo for a real close look

Attachments

• 100_0261.jpg
    100_0261.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 210
just swaped out the crankshaft sensor, still a no go, im gonna swap out the camshaft sensor in the morning and see if that fixes it.

just swaped out the crankshaft sensor, still a no go, im gonna swap out the camshaft sensor in the morning and see if that fixes it.

BECAREFULL!! If you set the sensor to deep with the timing gear in the wrong position , the ramp will crash the sensor!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heart Attack, in your video it looks like you needed a jump to get it started and your volt gauge looks like your voltage is still low. Start with basics and get a known good battery in to start and run the truck. Low voltage can cause havoc on proper sensor signals AND low voltage can make a fuel pump not put out proper supply pressure especially if you got an aftermarket fuel pump with your Paxton install. Give Er a try I've seen some weird stuff from batteries or loose terminals.

Heart Attack, in your video it looks like you needed a jump to get it started and your volt gauge looks like your voltage is still low. Start with basics and get a known good battery in to start and run the truck. Low voltage can cause havoc on proper sensor signals AND low voltage can make a fuel pump not put out proper supply pressure especially if you got an aftermarket fuel pump with your Paxton install. Give Er a try I've seen some weird stuff from batteries or loose terminals.

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to mention the fact he needed a jump start. I also noticed all the dash lights are on, which indicates low power. Viper trucks and the cars will not run well with a weak battery or alternator. Give Chuck Tator or a good Viper tech a call as they might be able to work you through troubleshooting procedures instead of just replacing sensors.

Our voltage regulator is internal. It is programmed to not allow the alternator to charge the battery when the battery voltage drops below 10.8v. It is put in place to prevent the owner from having to replace both a battery and an alternator when a battery fails When the alternators has to both keep the engine running, and charge the battery it will burn it up. As a result, when your battery is toast or dead and you get a jump, the engine will crank and run. The regulator sees 12.8 volts from the other car that jumped you and it will send voltage to the battery charging it or keeping it running. However if you had a bad cell in your battery and it will not maintain the voltage, and alternator will simply attempt to keep the engine running. In rare cases this reduces operating voltage and supplied amperage reduces, thereby reducing the output voltage of ignition coils, and fuel pump. This can cause the ****ty running engine.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back