Truck won't start, "Storage".

BriteCrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Truck is in "Storage" mode.

Went out to start it a little bit ago. Seemed to have fire, It turns a couple turns and then all the electronics on the dash click rather than the starter continuing to turn. The gauges do a half sweep when you let off the starter.

I tried a few times, no luck.

Any thoughts? Battery? Starter?

BriteCrawler said:
My Truck is in "Storage" mode.

Went out to start it a little bit ago. Seemed to have fire, It turns a couple turns and then all the electronics on the dash click rather than the starter continuing to turn. The gauges do a half sweep when you let off the starter.

I tried a few times, no luck.

Any thoughts? Battery? Starter?

Do you know what kind of voltage you have at the Battery then check at the starter.

BriteCrawler said:
Yeah, I'll bust the multimeter out later.

Anyone else seen the gauges sweep like that?

I have. Just can't remember the circumstances. Think it was a battery voltage issue as well, though.

Sounds like a battery issue or possible alternator also....
usually the gauges sweep like that when it's low to no voltage, at least from my experiences!

BriteCrawler said:
Yeah, I'll bust the multimeter out later.

Anyone else seen the gauges sweep like that?

Had the same issue a couple months ago, my truck basically sat all summer long and when I went to fire it I had the same issue with the gauges! Ended up replacing a battery that was only 14 months old so I would invest in a charger! Good luck!

Below 10.8 volts, the computer stops sending the signal to the alternator for it to charge. Its a failsafe designed by chysler to save the drive from having to replace both the battery and the alternator. Alternators in the past worked their ass off when a battery collapsed and burned them up.

Also When you have a dead cell in the battery it will read normal voltage sitting, and when you hit a load on it 400-600 amps, it will drop well below 9 volts. Fail.

Even if your lucky enough to have the amperage to turn it over, and get a momentary spark, it wont be a few miles before the voltage drops with the alternator not charging and it cuts off. Below 10.8 ignition system fails.

10.8 its the magic number. If you take it to autozone they can put it on either a quick charge 4 hour or a trickle charge overnight, when its all good and warm have them run another test on it with the ARBST tester but make sure they click the "Fully Charged Go" button on it and not the "Go" it runs a different test that way.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back