tuning guide for newbie

biscuit

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've recently bought an srt10 ram truck and i need some advices about tuning.
What kind of suspension do you recommend?
Exhaust question: going to order mopar exhaust... is exhaust manifold essential? where can i buy it?
What about COI? what is the size of the cross-section of K&N filter that can be installed?
Also big problem is a boot-lid, I've searched mopar catalog but didn't find it there. Could you help me with a link?
Thx for answers!

JTS Venom Performance

AND

JMB Performance and Powdercoating

Call 'em they will hook you up.

Call Stinker at JTS Venom Performance. For the suspension I would get him to hook you up with a complete Energy Bushing Kit to replace all the rubber bushings with polyurethane bushings. Makes a great handling upgrade turning you truck into a cornering machine. Get a set of Caltracs traction bars to hook up better. Some people get a drop kit. You can do Q1A adjustable shocks from Justin at JMB Performance.
Exhaust: if you got $ get some long tube headers (Billy Boat or Bellangers IMO). If no cash go with a catless mid pipe.

Tuning: Get Stinker to get you an SCT tuner that is tuned by Torrie at Unleashed Tuning.

CAI: Get from Justin. Looks awesome and comes in different colors if you want.

Go with an aftermarket shifter so you can hit 2 to 3 all the time. A lot of people like the B&M. I went with a used XMetal.

Save money to forged bottom end so you can do a turbo, SC, or Nitrous and you're good to go.

And don't forget your Visa...:itsme:

*Any of our vendors here are TOP notch! (or they wouldn't be here)

Welcome to the Board!
Quick

Last edited:
QuickSilver said:
And don't forget your Visa...:itsme:

*Any of our vendors here are TOP notch! (or they wouldn't be here)

Welcome to the Board!
Quick

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

you will have a hard time finding the original aluminum bed cover with the 3 post wing. they were only on late '05s and '06s. If you can find one, shipping may be an issue. My truck that was just totalled has one on it =(.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back