Turbo Truck Roll Call!!!

SrtDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may have already been talked about , maybe not. But was wondering how many Turbo trucks do we have on here?? :burnout::burnout:

Hell ya brother, i sold my procharger to a guy in Germany too... Sinlge 88 on mine and i love it!!

If i had time, it took me over a year to piece this one together

I had twin 62's right off the heads. no control over boost and NO FOOT control! waste gate on bothside were wide open. Engine lasted a half tank of gas! lost ring lands below the top ring on 5 pistons. #10 oil ring was showing from the oil pan....... but there was a real problem with traction.. 1st and 2nd were useless! even would break the tires free in 3rd! i figured it got to about 12# of boost. Not much lag. I have since forged the engine and am enjoying it. Need to move the turbos alittle farther away!!!

For those who had a procharger and then went to turbos, what made you change things up? What were the differences in power and drivability between the two setups?

For those who had a procharger and then went to turbos, what made you change things up? What were the differences in power and drivability between the two setups?

I had the F1, got rid of it because of the following things.

- No control over the boost like a turbo ( although we were going to go with a custom wastegate to give it some control )
- The cog Drive is a pain in the ass
- If you peddle the truck under power the cog belt would blow to pieces, so if you lose traction peddle it , your out a belt and now you have damage under the hood from that belt tearing up.
-

I had belt issues on 8 rib and 12 rib serpentine belts... the procharger kit simply needs more idler pulleys on the bottom side of the belt, like Charlie added to his kit... Turbo is alot less obnoxious at idle and cruising speeds, with simple boost control as well as better fuel mileage for me.. down side is that you have to build a custom kit or have one made, which is the reason you dont see many turbo vipers

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back