UGH!! stupid antenna help

pm.racing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice black billet antenna, I checked ebay and they seem okay. The net seems to be a damn pain. The shorty antenna I have now cant pick up nothing...... I mean hit scan and the local channel is all it stops on. I just hate to buy a cheap piece and hope it fits...
Thanks again:dontknow:

I just used an antenna from an 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. They are black from the factory. They also have a black trim ring that covers the chrome nut on the base. Looks factory, works like factory and blends in much better. (My truck is Black) Got it from the dealer and it didn't cost very much.

I was hoping to find the nice billet...I found a company called shorty antenna but I cant find anyone that sells them. Seems nothing can be simple lol not even a dern antenna

I have a 9-inch billet aluminum powder coated black antenna that provides less than stellar reception. Everything is powder coated except the threads. I work 10-miles outside of NYC and the reception with my OEM radio/disc player/nav still isn't great. I'll probably locate a black Jeep antenna like Alberta-SRT recommended.

I bought one of the 3.5" billet antennas off of Ebay, the reception isnt the greatest but still isnt bad considering the size of the antenna. I think it was around $15 shipped. The one that I got was anodized black, if I could do it again I would look for one that was painted or powdercoated as it will be less prone to fade in the sun.

anyone have a shaved antenna? I was thinking of doing this and running it somehow up through the pillar, not sure what kind of reception I'd get though.

Try Stylin Trucks, www.stylintrucks.com/sn.aspx?category|category_root|-25=Exterior

Or try Tony (Stinker) at JTSVP.

USMC11 said:
anyone have a shaved antenna? I was thinking of doing this and running it somehow up through the pillar, not sure what kind of reception I'd get though.

I do, but I didn't do it and I don't where the antenna is exactly. My reception is decent enough, but not great. It picks up most of the channels I expect it to, but the quality is sometimes poor.

I have one that I ordered from some aftermarket access. catalogs at autozone and it looks exactly like the stocker, except it's a few inches shorter, it's black and it works great as well as looking tons better.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back