Uncovered the truck for a spin

venom 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The roads are clear and dry around here so I couldn't resist firing up the beast for a winter spin!! I love the looks on peoples faces when they pull up beside me...you can almost read their lips...WTF is that.. These trucks are so rare around PA!! I love it.. And I must add, this truck loves the cold wintery air, feels like it adds 50 hp:rock:

:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:
one of the many great reasons to have one of these beautiful beasts.
i agree on the cold air. at least 50 ponies:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

What part of PA are you in? I never see any other SRT-10s in my area of Northeast Ohio either..

Im about 25 miles directly north of Pittsburgh. Nothin but lift kits and smoke stacks around here:dontknow:

venom 1 said:
The roads are clear and dry around here so I couldn't resist firing up the beast for a winter spin!! I love the looks on peoples faces when they pull up beside me...you can almost read their lips...WTF is that.. These trucks are so rare around PA!! I love it.. And I must add, this truck loves the cold wintery air, feels like it adds 50 hp:rock:

50 extra HP you bet. Also alot less traction with cold asphalt. Watch the turns . I lost it several times going around turns with cold weather.

Coldest air my truck has seen was mid to low sixties..............I didnt feel that extra 50 HP..... damn tropical climate!! LOL

I do get the looks and stares though!!

patrick

23 degrees outside today. I might take mine out too for a little fun. I always knew this sucky climate was good for something! Now.. if only a 1/4 mile track was open.... ;)

Air temp at 8 am in so cal this morning was 46. my truck loves the crisp air, and you definitley feel it in the seat of your pants:burnout: :santaclaus:

-31 F here lately, 4-6" of snow on the ground, glare ice roads and I saw somebody driving a red QC.:confused: I figured maybe they were just moving it to a new storage place for the winter, but nope saw it again the next day at Canadian Tire:dontknow: I couldnt imagine driving my truck on the icy roads.

We have over a foot of snow on the ground, so my truck won't be coming out ot the garage anytime some. You are right about the cold air though, the difference in power is amazing.

Bill.

cold roads+cold air+cold tires=tires letting loose at 40mph:rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout:

-9 here with a windchill of -40. Truck is tucked away in a heated garage for the rest of the winter.

-Muzzy

Muzzy said:
-9 here with a windchill of -40. Truck is tucked away in a heated garage for the rest of the winter.

-Muzzy
Man am I glad I got the beast out for a little fun yesterday because we got snow and a mixture of ice last night causing all the township salt trucks to spread tons of truck rot all over the roads once again..Looks like she's back into hibernation again. I managed to get 7mpg yesterday in the few hours that I was out, needless to say the 22's did a little dancing on the cold asphalt:rock: The looks I got yesterday were priceless though...Alot of holy F**K looks, that thing has the viper motor:thrasher:

It's about the reach the 30's down here in SE Texas for the next couple days. Great cool air for driving in before the percip.. percep.. perr.. RAIN FALLS.! The racetracks here get waaaay too packed during times like these..

Winter Sucks .....

HPIM4895sm.jpg

Snow Sucks .....

HPIM4896sm.jpg

Can't wait till spring, the days start getting longer, a positive sign .... Hey Venom1 Maybe we'll get a winter Thaw and I can uncover it .... and Do what ya did yesterday .... I hope .....

Jim

Venom Power said:
It's about the reach the 30's down here in SE Texas for the next couple days. Great cool air for driving in before the percip.. percep.. perr.. RAIN FALLS.! The racetracks here get waaaay too packed during times like these..

dont worry it will be almost 70 out by thursday :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back