Underdrive pulleys?

spe_chati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a source for underdrive pulleys for these motors? Contacted ASP Racing, they don't have them, he recomended I call Hennesey :mad: and have not heard back. Anybody running them?

TheMoparConnection said:
mopar makes one.

Does hinder alternator charging?

I went down this route on my TA and ended up putting the stock crank pulley back on cause my alternator wouldn't charge worth a sh!t.

shouldn't have anything to worry about. most of the issues with the 5.2 5.9 motors with underdrive pulley overheat concern was because the fan clutch was driven by the water pump. Our set-up is hydraulic.

spe_chati said:
Does anybody know of a source for underdrive pulleys for these motors? Contacted ASP Racing, they don't have them, he recomended I call Hennesey :mad: and have not heard back. Anybody running them?

Do not, repeat do not buy anything from Hennessey.

Silverback said:
Do not, repeat do not buy anything from Hennessey.

what he said. you don't want to get Hennessscrewed.

By switching to underdrive pulleys will it affect A/C performance at lower RPM's such as in traffic? Does it affect power steering performance at idle for example turning the steering wheel alot in a crowded parking lot because the pump is turning slower?

Thanks!

Underdrive pulleys do more harm then good in my experience i'd stear clear imo....

Craig said:
Underdrive pulleys do more harm then good in my experience i'd stear clear imo....

I concur that sentiment. Take the 350 and put it towards something else. If you had a supercharded Lightning or Cobra then a pulley would be good to go. Buy some muffler bearings :D

I'll just go buy some spark plugs for my deisel instead. Does anybody have a recommendation for those? BTW I left a message at Hennesey, and no return call, 3 days now. Don't worry I have heard too many things bad about Hennesucks to actually buy from him, but just trying to find a solution, or at least a lead.

spe_chati said:
I'll just go buy some spark plugs for my deisel instead. Does anybody have a recommendation for those? BTW I left a message at Hennesey, and no return call, 3 days now. Don't worry I have heard too many things bad about Hennesucks to actually buy from him, but just trying to find a solution, or at least a lead.

I have some plugs for your diesel. Just $650.00 each. How many do you need?:dontknow: ;) :D

Silverback said:
I have some plugs for your diesel. Just $650.00 each. How many do you need?:dontknow: ;) :D
That sounds like a good price. I hear those are really hard to get.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back