Unhooking the front sway bar @ the track.

Blakewilder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im gonna try this next time I go to the track. Anybody done this? My good friend Stinker gave me the idea and im just lookin into it. Can I unhook it and then drive her to the track or do I have to do it AT the track?

Blakewilder said:
Im gonna try this next time I go to the track. Anybody done this? My good friend Stinker gave me the idea and im just lookin into it. Can I unhook it and then drive her to the track or do I have to do it AT the track?

If you are going to shorten the endlinks, you could have someone weld in some quick-disconnects like the 4x4 guys have. :dontknow:

stinker said not to drive it on the road disconnected its kinda squirrly.

I removed it before driving to the track with my 03 Hemi Ram. Frontend bounced all other the place on the highway. It's supposed to help with weight transfer to the rearend. It'll also be a little bit of weight reduction. 60' gains and overall ET gains were negligible for me on that truck.

I have not tried it on this truck. I agree with Nowwhat, I don't think it's worth it.

2 cents.

I dunno....but Blake when we gonna hit up the track!? I gotta get back over to True some time this week to get my truck then I'm in WA the 26th-2nd......then I'm game! I'm gonna disconnect the muffler and just run headers and mids!

Very very old trick, but do it at the track, I had mine unkooked all weekend and you do loose some stabilitly, nothing crazy like thou, it takes a 14 mm socket and rachet and you can have it done in 10 minutes.
It helps the front end extend and transfer weight to the rear tires. On our normal trucks no it want help that much ,but on Blakes he is getting tire spin from the rear springs pushin back up after the initial load of leaving the line. Unhooking the sway bar will help keep the load transfered to the rear axle and should help with keeping the load transfered to the tires.
Ya'll guys are just way to young to remember this.

Oh and sorry Blake ,I'll give you a call pal, I slept most of the weekend

Did anyone clear this idea with..uh..nevermind...lol

Drove my truck from NC to texas with no front sway bar. Just dont take any fast turns.

I personally would want to make a run with it first. You're going to pick up a lot of ET very shortly. Get comfortable with the truck hooking and running in the 10's first, then go that route if you wish. You need to be 100% comfortable in handling the truck at those speeds before you take something off that helps with it being stable.

My front sway bar is in the back of the Dually as I type.

That is on the silver truck, to be safe you have to lay the king pin angle back.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back