Upgrading factory amp to mopar kicker....

s4twin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 2004 RC, can someone verify that mopar kicker amp(77KICK18AB) fits the 2004 model.
Thanks

77KICK18AB-2.jpg

after looking under the dash at the amp, it looks like the connections are the same as the mopar kicker amp. don't know why some much surface rust.
photo4.jpg

Does it look like a factory tape job?? or someone has done something to these amp connections??
photo3.jpg

56043295ac connection looks like this:
infinityamp.jpg

77kick18ab connection looks like this:
mopar77kick18ab-1.jpg

the amp under the center seat is the sub amp

looks the same to me

does Mopar offer a Kicker sub amp also???

looks like someone did what i did hooked into the "amped" side of the amp instead of the radio/head side

normal on the rust. uncoated steel. saves money:mad:

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 6,486
Last edited:
I haven't found that mopar offers kicker sup amp.
What you mean someone "hooked into the "amped" side of the amp instead of the radio/head side". What would be the purpose of doing that. Currently the sound system is all stock as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
I haven't found that mopar offers kicker sup amp.
What you mean someone "hooked into the "amped" side of the amp instead of the radio/head side". What would be the purpose of doing that. Currently the sound system is all stock as far as I can tell.

mine was a screw up on my part.

ya know what happens when ya try to amp an all ready amped signal???:mad:

I just install the 77kick13ab kicker sub and 200 watt amp in my truck today. And it is a nice upgrade over factory while keeping everything factory. I was very pleased with the sound, but I was not looking for massive bass my factory amp craped out on me.:)

Nice! I upgraded my multi-channel amp to the Kicker one and immediately noticed the front door speakers getting a full range signal instead of just midbass. That alone really opened up the front stage, plus it doesn't use the center channel as much. However, the built-in "surround sound decoding" is not helpful for music, maybe if I had the OEM back seat video screen.

were is the amp located on the rc's? my oem sub its not playing and i believe is the amp that went out

sub amp is under the center seat

common prob

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back