V10 swap into a Dakota

chrisheltra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried it? Its hard for me to imagine the performance figures that could be achieved with a smaller and lighter truck with the viper motor. If it would even fit under the hood.

Apparently a couple of guys did it with the older V-10 engines and one guy on that forum said the hp/$ ratio wasn't worth the swap and it was just a showing off/novelty thing to do more than anything.

Before i did my swap i bought the motor to use in a dakota but waaaay to much work. Gotta cut up firewall and tranny tunnle, modify the shit out of the steering and alot of money in all custom lines, fittings, hoses ect. Found someone that did it but at that point he didnt have it running yet and said needed to do LOTS of wiring still

IMO it's just a novelty thing. The weight of a big v10 out weighs a v8 with power adders.

Would be nice to see a v10 in the RAM r/t but you can buy a used SRT10 ram RC for cheaper and come out much better.

A complete Gen III weighs 500 pounds even. How much does a typical V8 with adders weigh?

i can't find it, but someone did a viper engine into a dakota swap and moved the cab back & extended the rear of the fenders to meet the cab.

basicly put a RC on an EC frame.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back