Valve cover question...

FATTONY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I know all of you already know this and now I will too as soon as someone tells me... If the valve covers are removed do you have to put new gaskets on or do they have the reuseable oring type gasket??? Thanks... Tony...

It is the o-ring type. Like TNviper said, should be able to re use them. But I always buy a new gasket. Cheap Insurance if you ask me.

Ok do you have to get them from the dealer or any auto parts store?? About how much do they run? Thanks for the info... Tony...

I don't thnk you would be able to get them at any auto parts store. But you might. I would get them from one of the vendors here. Either way it will have to be ordered more than likely. No idea on the price. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Check with Dragon -

i have had mine off a few times and always went back with the orginal ones, they have not leaked what so ever. and they are the rubber reusable type.

I just did mine this week and i put new gaskets on. My local dealer had them in stock at 53 bucks for the pair. I'm sure i could have used the originals, but i wanted to be sure it was done right.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back