Viper TA "Time Attack" beats ZR1 and set new record

Tito#14SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Video can be seen on youtube.....new viper sets the fastest track time at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca beating the ZR1. SRT only tweaked the new suspension and set the new record lap time using same Engine displacement and tires from the first test back when ZR1 beat the Viper using Michelin Pilot Cup tires.....and then they slapped a set of Slick tires on the Viper to see what it would do and set an even larger gap margin record of 3 sec faster!:rock:

Anyone see the 10min video on youtube?? Maybe someone can post it....Comes in a orange color with a few carbon goodies:drool:

Thats pretty sweet. I wonder if a different driver could do better, one that doesn't talk and wave his hands around but one that just goes to the max. (or maybe this guy was as well)

I watched this video and jeeze louise that thing is beautiful! It's my wallpaper now!

I've never been a fan of Randy Probst and agree with Ralph when he said Probst has always been scared to push the Viper. I think you throw Archer, Whitmer, Farnbacher, this wouldn't have even been a discussion.

I would have liked to see the regular Viper with the Sport Cups to see what it would run.

I love at the end they call out the vette lol

That would be a better matchup.

Viper and ZL1 not even in the same category. It would be like a mustang GT against a Z06.

Viper TA $120,000
Zl1 $60,000

Last edited:
Maybe there was a typo but the ZR1 is what the Viper beat, not the Camaro ZL1. They called out the Corvette at the end because that's what the TA Viper beat. SRT wouldn't waste their time with a ZL1 and a ZL1 wouldn't set any records stock anyways since it's a fat pig.

Last edited:
What I love about it is that it pushes the manufacturers to make better and better cars.

Sadly the lame rich people will still go out and buy Ferrari's and Lambo's even though there's a fast snake right in the back yard that's American made!

Maybe there was a typo but the ZR1 is what the Viper beat, not the Camaro ZL1. They called out the Corvette at the end because that's what the TA Viper beat. SRT wouldn't waste their time with a ZL1 and a ZL1 wouldn't set any records stock anyways since it's a fat pig.

Thats more like it. Cant see the video at work. I assumed it was Zl1 when it was mentioned that he called out the vette. I guess the are referring to the new stingray. Im glad that they have made the viper a more driver friendly car. Ill never forget the Top Gear video of Jeremy Clarkson driving the viper around a track. He referred to it wanting to kill the driver at every turn.

Back