Viper Valve Covers

Zac2109

Reaction score
So my truck isnt a Viper truck by any means. I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 8.0 Liter V10. My question being - - Would valve covers off of a 8.0 Liter V10 viper engine also fit onto my Ram's V10? And Also you all have a very nicely set up forum here. I'm a pretty big member over at ramforumz.com and like that forums usability. And this forum is very similar. And quite enjoyable. Thank you ahead of time for your responses.

DSCF4683.jpg

this is my truck by the way incase any of you were curious.

Welcome to the site! I have no idea about valve cover fitment, sorry. That is a nice looking truck you got there. I love that body style.

thanks, and yea its one of my favorite body styles of Rams. I think I fell in love with it back in 1994 when Twister came out LOL

Get some tires/wheels on there to match the fender wells and don't worry about the valve covers. Just my .02c

DSCF4886.jpg

here are the tires on literally put on it yesterday...well the rear ones anyway. And yes I know they are 2 different kinds, and thats kind of a long stupid story. So I was taking my daughter back to her moms in missouri, and I had a flat. So I put the spare on and make it to a tire store. The guy sells me 2 goodyear AT/S in size 265/75 R16. Ok well awesome. So that was 3 days ago. yesterday I go to buy the other 2 that match from a tire store in my town. They tell me that goodyear hasnt made the AT/S in that size for about a year and a half. So I had to buy the tire that replaced the AT/S which is the Wrangler Silent Armor. But they have the same exact tread pattern, the only difference cosmetically is the letters on the sidewall. However internally they are very different. The AT/S used traditional steel belts. The silent armor uses Kevlar belts.

And they make look small on the truck, but they are bigger than what came on the truck stock. stock size size from factory is 245/75 R16 (the tires pictured in the first picture) and these tires are 265/75 R16

I had a 97 Sport and it had the 265/75-16. Your truck would look awesome IMO with the 315s on it.

oh it definitely would, and I would have to lift it a little bit to be able to fit those. And would love to do it. But as I just bought a house..well havent quite bought it I close on the 11th of July. So the fiance would be a little pissed if I spent the money to lift it right now. so until then im forced to do little mods here and there, like the valve covers. the truck is flame red so i thought they would look good with the truck being that color, and with it having a V10 of course

here is my 99' with 315s. just added a leveling kit to fit,although mine is a HD (heavy duty 2500 V-10) not sure if that makes a difference:dontknow: 2nd pic is of the new wheels. not sure about the valve covers...pull yours off and have them powdercoated:rock:

Attachments

• sony 002.jpg
    sony 002.jpg
    802.2 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC00721.jpg
    DSC00721.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 619
here is my 99' with 315s. just added a leveling kit to fit,although mine is a HD (heavy duty 2500 V-10) not sure if that makes a difference:dontknow: 2nd pic is of the new wheels. not sure about the valve covers...pull yours off and have them powdercoated:rock:
Mine is also a HD 2500 V10. So to fit the 315's all you did was add a 2in level to the front? And thanks HUMBLEX I appreciate all the compliments about the truck

I thought 315s would fit a 2500 series without any mods?

nope I think the biggest you can fit on the truck stock is 285's but with a lift, or I guess even a level you can fit 315's

I have 285's on my 95 RAM 1500 and they work fine no rubbing. Your truck is looking good, the body on my old 1995 dodge is starting to get some surface cancer now. But still a good old truck 250,000km on the 318 and the only big ticket item i ever replaced was the rearend. Good luck with the valve covers sorry i have no info either.

i have 285's on mine. no probs. those are 33's. not sure if a 35 is 315 oe what but i could not fit those. i have a 96 1500. And it is the 360. no v10 here. just a poocher

sorry i could be of no help on the valve covers

Attachments

• Night runner 001.jpg
    Night runner 001.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 137
  • both trucks 002.jpg
    both trucks 002.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 142
  • both trucks 003.jpg
    both trucks 003.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 125
  • muddin 002.jpg
    muddin 002.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 139
  • muddin 004.jpg
    muddin 004.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 125
  • muddin 005.jpg
    muddin 005.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 152
  • muddin 009.jpg
    muddin 009.jpg
    750.5 KB · Views: 137
It's still a good looking truck, well from what I can tell underneath all the mud LOL And I realize my truck and all the SRT's here are vastly different, as mine was built for towing/hauling performance and the SRT for speed/truck/coolness performance but thanks for accepting me and my truck onto this site. I had posted this same question about the valve covers in another Viper Truck forum and got nothing but hostile responses about me being a poser trying to claim my truck as being a Viper Truck. So thank you for the hospitality, Like I had said earlier I'm a member over at another ram forum (if anyone wants the link to that forum we'd be glad to have you,just send me a private message for the link didnt want to advertise for that forum in this forum) and the thing they preach is hospitality to anyone who comes along and has questions or needs help, and that seems to be the same here. The most important thing to a forum is members with good character. So any who if anyone ever comes across the answer to my original question please be sure to let me know. Thanks!

im gunna take a shot in the dark and say the forum that showed said hostility was Viperalley.com. or as we call them here, Diaperalley. most of the guys there are gieant douchers, not all thou. it is a shame that most of the good guys dont comment out of fear of getting banned. what a crazy world we live in. good luck with your endevours

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back