Viper vs. Ram Engine Noise. Just worried.

WearyMicrobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I defer to you Viper engine guru's. My truck has always made a slight noise, like a lifter in a old 390, only turned down 90%. ALmost all of them that I have been around make this noise.

The new viper is making the same noise only louder. Is this a normal sound. Part of me thinks its because I am just flat out closer to the motor then in the truck. Its could also be that its old oil ~18 months. They had it changed when it came in but never really drove the car ~30 miles.

I had the viper inspected and it was noted in the report but blamed on the fact that the car had not run for ~6 months give or take. Viper tech said just to change the oil/filter/gas ad it will go away.

I am just super amp'd right now at picking it up on Friday and just worrying my little brain out.

Last edited:
The viper motor is noisy as hell. What you are prolly hearing is normal. Make sure your fluids are good and topped off. Others will chime in and ease your worries.

patrick

I agree with Patrick.... Sounds pretty normal. :dontknow: Some engines I've heard in these have been louder than others.... but they ALWAYS have lifter noise. :eek:

mauiSRT/10 said:
The viper motor is noisy as hell. What you are prolly hearing is normal. Make sure your fluids are good and topped off. Others will chime in and ease your worries.

patrick

It's gonna be difficult to ease this guy's worries Patrick; he has 'weary' in his name.

Microbe, if you're talking about what sounds like tapping lifter noises you're not alone bro. These motors ARE noisey. Bad gas makes the noises worse. The advice you've gotten so far is :top:parkay and on point. Just keep them fluids good and topped off and your ride will be fine.
:D

floor it once in a while!

When you spin the tires , The noise goes away!!!:burnout: :burnout: :rock:

Venom Power said:
It's gonna be difficult to ease this guy's worries Patrick; he has 'weary' in his name.

Microbe, if you're talking about what sounds like tapping lifter noises you're not alone bro. These motors ARE noisey. Bad gas makes the noises worse. The advice you've gotten so far is :top:parkay and on point. Just keep them fluids good and topped off and your ride will be fine.
:D

Thanks guys. WearyMicrobe comes from the fact that I beat E.Coli into submission and make them work until they die to produce cool stuff.

But worrying is definitely in my nature. I think its jsut that I cannot freaking wait, and this is the most money I have ever spent on a car that's not new.

WearyMicrobe said:
Thanks guys. WearyMicrobe comes from the fact that I beat E.Coli into submission and make them work until they die to produce cool stuff.

But worrying is definitely in my nature. I think its jsut that I cannot freaking wait, and this is the most money I have ever spent on a car that's not new.

soooo.. when you gonna let me test drive it??? :dontknow: :D :D :D :D :D
I'm in western NY state btw, we're pretty close :D :D ;)

Andrew

WearyMicrobe said:

Duke Nukem ROCKS!!! :D :rock: :rock: :rock: ;)

Black1 said:
Duke Nukem ROCKS!!! :D :rock: :rock: :rock: ;)

Duke Nukem in a Hawaiian shirt with a electric ukulele rocks even more. :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I am not even sure where I found such a image, but rule 34 makes it so.

WearyMicrobe said:
Duke Nukem in a Hawaiian shirt with a electric ukulele rocks even more. :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I am not even sure where I found such a image, but rule 34 makes it so.

wait wait wait... what do you know about rule 34? i swear if your a /b/tard....

Mine does the same thing, had them look at it, no problems, just hate that UPS truck sound

Sharpimage said:
wait wait wait... what do you know about rule 34? i swear if your a /b/tard....

XKCD not /b/tard. I try to avoid 4chan at all possible cost. icanhascheezburger, quite a bit as I used to do a bunch of cat rescue. Specifically Maine Coons.

For those out of the loop

rule_34.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back