VTCOA calenders?

dead end cruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one ever thought to make a VTCOA calender? Maybe using every TOTM winner for each month on the calender and putting the TOTY on the cover? Maybe even in addition to putting holidays and such on the calender we could have events such as shows and GTG's? Just a little idea I had. I don't really have the knowledge or software to do this but if somebody did I think it would be a great seller on here as well as a nice recognition for all the winners and there killer riggs.:rock:

Probably even do a batch that are the "adult crayons" edition:D

I knew you were a smart guy ...... Great idea Yarm.

How you and The Mrs' doin?

Jim

Good idea except for one problem....TOTM are chosen each month...nobody has won TOTM for 2010.;) .....but I maybe we could use the prior year TOTMs?..:dontknow:

I've thought about it a number of times.......

To have one done correctly (printer), the cost was more than I was willing to put up and then not sale any.

You can buy most wall calendars for 15 bucks....

To use a printer and ship them, it could be as much as 20 or more.

You get 5 people that say hook me up and never bat an eye at the cost.

You would have 15 others bitch about the cost

You would have at least 10 bitch about never having the opportunity to be in the calender at all

So unless you can sale 1000 or more (and there are only 135 active members), the trouble is not worth the effort

OH abd I forgot two

The winners from 2008 and 2006 would piss an moan

ViperJeff said:
I've thought about it a number of times.......

To have one done correctly (printer), the cost was more than I was willing to put up and then not sale any.

You can buy most wall calendars for 15 bucks....

To use a printer and ship them, it could be as much as 20 or more.

You get 5 people that say hook me up and never bat an eye at the cost.

You would have 15 others bitch about the cost

You would have at least 10 bitch about never having the opportunity to be in the calender at all

So unless you can sale 1000 or more (and there are only 135 active members), the trouble is not worth the effort
Well the idea came from my uncle, he was showing me his VW calender from his forum. He said that who ever made them used a program and went through snapfish or some other company. Was not sure if some body on here had the knowledge to do such a thing.... just an idea

dead end cruiser said:
Has any one ever thought to make a VTCOA calender? Maybe using every TOTM winner for each month on the calender and putting the TOTY on the cover? Maybe even in addition to putting holidays and such on the calender we could have events such as shows and GTG's? Just a little idea I had. I don't really have the knowledge or software to do this but if somebody did I think it would be a great seller on here as well as a nice recognition for all the winners and there killer riggs.:rock:

Probably even do a batch that are the "adult crayons" edition:D
Sound great brother.:rock:

JimTeTe said:
I knew you were a smart guy ...... Great idea Yarm.

How you and The Mrs' doin?

Jim
Thanks Jim. We are doing great man. Staying busy. We will be plenty busy rebuilding my house this winter. Hoping to have done before spring time so I can start toying with the truck a bit. I cant wait to get together with every one again! How are things with you bud?

dead end cruiser said:
Well the idea came from my uncle, he was showing me his VW calender from his forum. He said that who ever made them used a program and went through snapfish or some other company. Was not sure if some body on here had the knowledge to do such a thing.... just an idea

Went to Snapfish and the basic calendar is 19 bucks

Ask your Uncle how much they pay for their calendar?

I used to do calendars for an old business of mine. the more you made, the cheaper you got them for. i would imagine that a VW club has quite a few more active members than we do, so I would be courious

I think it would be cool to use the winners from the previous year on the calendar. So the winner for January 2008 TOTM would go on the calendar for January 2009 and so on.

ViperJeff said:
Went to Snapfish and the basic calendar is 19 bucks

Ask your Uncle how much they pay for their calendar?

I used to do calendars for an old business of mine. the more you made, the cheaper you got them for. i would imagine that a VW club has quite a few more active members than we do, so I would be courious
Yeah man I definitely will ask him more about it... Maybe if I can talk to one of the moderators or just get some photos from each of the winners I can try to put something together but I am really interested in getting something like this together. Maybe I can make one for myself and post it up and if any one else likes them I can see if I can make them available for and affordable price...

The winners and a picture can be found on the TOTM History thread (except for the last few winners, *I can't get a mod to unlock it so I can add the last few)

Also, there is only 11 Trucks of the Month

December is Truck of the Year

dead end cruiser said:
Thanks Jim. We are doing great man. Staying busy. We will be plenty busy rebuilding my house this winter. Hoping to have done before spring time so I can start toying with the truck a bit. I cant wait to get together with every one again! How are things with you bud?

Doing good Yarm, got all kinds of Mods planned for the winter. Drop the front, Cal-tracks, Found a powder coater nearby so I'll be doing more under the hood.

Thought that for our first GTG we could have one at one of the Local dodge shows near the shore closer to you and the guys from NY and Jersey, and others. I'll be checkin things out and posting up near spring.

Jim

ViperJeff said:
The winners and a picture can be found on the TOTM History thread (except for the last few winners, *I can't get a mod to unlock it so I can add the last few)

Also, there is only 11 Trucks of the Month

December is Truck of the Year

Didn't know you needed it opened :D

I opened it up for ya

Thank you Sir.....

I'll get to work

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back