Want to lower my 05 QC

Leveil22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want to lower my 05 QC not sure how to go about since the RC are different. Mostly the issue is the rear springs because I plan to cut the front ones. Just not sure what the process is to get it down. I've heard about flip kits but have no clue of what's involved totally.

An inexpensive way is to get a set of RC front springs and go with the McGaughys rear lowering shackles. They will give you a slightly lower rear drop than the Belltech shackles. Overall you'll get about a 1.5" front drop and 2" rear and not break the bank. If you want an extreme drop you can go with the JTSVP extreme lowering kit.

McGaughys Dodge Ram 1500 2002-2008 Rear 1.5"-2" Drop Shackles - Part# 44002 - McGuaghy's Suspension Online

Basically you take the rear axle and it gets put above the spring versus below. You get the 3 1/2" or so needed to get the rear end down. Shackles don't do much for the quad cab at all. You can cut fronts, but I recommend new since yours have been subjected to the mileage and such.
Support your vendors that are supporting you here please!
NSDQ your pulley is going to Bangladesh if you keep recommending a vendor who no longer supports or cares for this forum :)

Basically you take the rear axle and it gets put above the spring versus below. You get the 3 1/2" or so needed to get the rear end down. Shackles don't do much for the quad cab at all. You can cut fronts, but I recommend new since yours have been subjected to the mileage and such.
NSDQ your pulley is going to Bangladesh if you keep recommending a vendor who no longer supports or cares for this forum :)

Lmao! Bangladesh!!!

Like you said with the rear lowering shackles, the 2" lowering shackles only lowered mine about 1".

i have the JTSV lowering with flip kit.
stance is great imo.

maybe Venomous has also lowering kits....:dontknow:

i have the JTSV lowering with flip kit.
stance is great imo.

maybe Venomous has also lowering kits....:dontknow:

Thanks Sammy! I do indeed have my own lineup of stance perfection kits coming soon!! Mine has been on my truck for about 3 years :)
I like to do my own R&D and testing before selling to y'all! :burnout:

Thanks Sammy! I do indeed have my own lineup of stance perfection kits coming soon!! Mine has been on my truck for about 3 years :)

I totally respect that you make your own product and test it yourself before selling to others!! That's a REAL businessman!! Hats off to ya Venomous!! :rock::rock::rock:

one issue i have with JTSV kit is that i have 45 serie tyres , and in the front they hit the plastic inner fender if i go over trafficbumps to fast , realy has to slow down...
when my tyres are smoked , i go back to 40 serie tyres...:burnout:

one issue i have with JTSV kit is that i have 45 serie tyres , and in the front they hit the plastic inner fender if i go over trafficbumps to fast , realy has to slow down...
when my tyres are smoked , i go back to 40 serie tyres...:burnout:

45's ride very good for a 22" tire, but the 40s handle better.
Can't really blame that in the lowering kit though, lol.

Already expanding your operation overseas or are you just nominating me to run your sweat shop over there producing pulleys? :ridinghorse:

Already expanding your operation overseas or are you just nominating me to run your sweat shop over there producing pulleys? :ridinghorse:

Hmmm....sweat shop in Bangladesh :)
Who needs CNC cutting when you have 250 kids with a block of aluminum and some razor blades :chain:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back